Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: brand new

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have the passion and the drive to become a great dj however i am just new at it, and learing about all the techniques has been interesting. However i am not really to sure on how to get started and what really to do so my question would be is there any great tips or suggestions on how to improve the skill of being a dj and what is the best way to learn?

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 7:04 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:03 pm
If you truly have the passion and drive, you are half way there. The rest is knowledge and skill, and they both require practice. You will need the basics first. I think you should be able to put a system together, before you learn how to use it. In other words, do you know the difference between 1/4 inch and RCA? What input does this output go to? If you don't know what you need, how will you know what to buy? What do you want to do; club or mobile, or both? Do you have a paticular type of music you want to play, or does it matter? Ask someone you know to teach you the fundamentals, or watch them. Learning what works and what doesn't, takes time and practice. Learning when to mix, is just as important as what to mix. This takes time and practice. The most important tip; if you don't know, ask someone that does.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)