Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: karaoke software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Ok, I am looking for those who do alot of karaoke. I am going to be helping a freind out at his club on sundays running karaoke. My question is which is the best software out their for making books, and also creating slips? Also I messed around with the Virtual DJ karaoke, and it seems stable enough. So any suggestions would be great but like I said I am looking for those who have been doing it for quite some time. I have googled it and found software out there, but before I go spending my hard earned money, I would like to hear feedback from those in the field using the software on a day to day basis.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:44 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use Microsft Excell to make a database / list of all my karaoke tracks.

If they are CDG's copy the tracklistings from the respective websites where you bought them.... Sunfly, Legend Series etc..

If they are MP3+G use a program to list the files I use one called ExpPrint. It's basically just a directory lister their's plenty out their to try.

As for books and tickets. I now have too many to list and the books are too big. So I have my original "most requested karaoke songs" books, with a few "up to date" songs aswell, and have put a note in the books saying if you can't find the song you want just ask!

Good luck.
http://djgaz.proboards16.com/index.cgi?board=MP3&action=display&thread=1134512011

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:34 pm
If you want a software package JUST for creating books and song slips, check out this site www.kjpro.com Also, there's another company that makes the same type of product, www.musicbookdeluxe.com

I would download both programs (I believe they still have demos) and see which one you like. Although DJGazUK is correct, maintaining an excel file can become complicated and time consuming. I started my excel file back in 2000 and I can't tell you what revision I'm on. I have over 32,000 songs (Big by some standards, small by others, but every CD in my library was selected by request of my audience member for a specific song).

If you are dealing with a large number of CDs, it would be a good idea to invest in one of the above products, however, if you are going to be converting all these disks to mp3+g, then there's an almost free way that would require you to use excel.

Check my blog for information on renaming files and such, then im me if you want more specifics. I have posted somewhere in here on how to generate a book based on your files on the hdd.

With regards to the song slip, I created my own. I can upload the PDF, it is a 6 song slip form that is designed to be printed on hole punched paper, and to be tear out.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)