Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ummmm?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ummmm, at the risk of sounding arrogant, um, I'm not but.... The dj's on vdj radiio trainwreck alot. Screen thier mixes. Please. I mean vdj can beatmix, so should the dj. I ain't no digweed, but at least I would try to learn to mix before I broadcast anything.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:13 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Everybody has bad and off nights.

I have done FM radio and had great shows and every now and then....THE OFF NIGHT.

I Dj in Clubs and do caberets and most of the time i'm on fire but every now and then...THE OFF NIGHT.

It happens dude. Believe it or not radio dj'ing ain't as easy as it seems. Just like being the house DJ at a club every Fri. night ain't as easy as you might think. You try to stay fresh and you try not to repeat the same show and the same mixes over and over again.

I tell you what... Get the pro edition and apply to the radio.

We would love to have ya.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 3:57 am
I'd love too but vdj has chopped up my favorite tracks I wanted to drop. For example, I load neil kolo's, interflow, yet all I got on the wave was the intro, little else. I don't know what is wrong. All other tracks are fine. I must admit I wreck with just using the mouse. I had a hercules, but the buttons stuck on me, and had latency problems with jog wheels. Must fix.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:25 am
Is that berhrigher thingy out yet?

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:25 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree with phillytomcat. Especially using VDJ, a DJ should never trainwreck. I have done a lot of shoutcast broadcasts myself.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 6:49 am
I'd have to say you are wrong there, city is completely right. virtual dj does make djing a whole lot easier, but it is not perfect, so the results you will get are obviously going to be far from perfect on the odd occasion. Thats just the way it goes boys, cheers.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 7:02 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think it depends on how you work, some radio DJ's use timecode and don't use the Waveform or BPM's, or any aids/auto features, this is why some DJ's go off beat because they are doing everything manually, and with the added nerves of being on the radio plus in house disturbances it can be a nightmare.

Other DJ's use all the auto features but no pre-listen, which is definately difficult in a sense, although you can do everything visually and very quickly you aren't likely to be 100% on time, you do ultimately need to be able to pre-listen, although knowing your tracks can make a 100% visual mix more successful.

Other than that there is of course drift, easier to correct when viewing the waveform a tad harder when not.

Finally the DJ's that broadcast on the radio all vary in experience, and I don't think it's fair to judge a DJ entirely on an off night, I've done sets on the radio and underachieved greatly in comparison to my regular standard.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:41 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i totally agree Bagpuss, i use TCV and i have my monitor setup behind me(i dont see it) , I just pick a track and do the rest manually. I do have auto beat match on but sometimes, BPM's can be off, Turntables do drift, and VBR's on some mp3's seem to drift also, so there can be a host of reason why.

Personally speaking i go on the radio and just try to be entertaining, do things differently then anyone else. Many times i just get an idea and let it rip, if it works cool, if not then i try and move on. If i wanted to .. sure i can just beatmatch but where is the excitement and fun in that??? I try to do more then just make people listen2 the music, do things that make you want to watch the dj as well (if u could) VDJ has many different levels of users and the MAIN point is that the radio/dj's remain having fun, as well as improving as they go.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:50 pm
> I try to do more then just make people listen2 the music,
> do things that make you want to watch the dj as well (if u could)

wow, what an idea... to have a webcam together with the audio broadcast... heheh just wondering...

Posted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 11:11 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
that idea already came up ... but you dont have to see what happening, half the fun would be try and picture they he/she must be doing to create a sound or mix like that .

Posted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 2:20 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
messing up a little bit is alright. it gives it a more real feel. but of course it shouldnt sound like a race horse.
i mean if the program can do it for u and u still clashing and going public with it that doesnt look good.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 5:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)