Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Business Side Of The House

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was curious if I could get some advice from the pros for getting started with this whole DJ thing, here is my equipment:

VDJ Pro/MK2
DAC3 Controller
RANE MP4 Mixer - coming soon
Dell XPS Laptop (works flawless W/VDJ)
Mackie Powered Speakers - soon
20,000 Song Library on External Drive

My question is this, How do I promote my business? Do I go to the pubs and say "Hey, can I DJ here"? Do I need a company letter head and a demo cd? I wantto start doing small gigs, like pubs, bars and parties, then eventually move into some dance club gigs, thats my ultimate goal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated......Its greta to have a network like this, I've learned so much so far.....THANKS!!!

MZACK

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:04 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mzack

People have different opinions on how you should go about your business, and this is discussed quite often on the forums here in VDJ Land.

Check out this post for some information/advice. Alot of us here are in the same boat as yourself, wondering how to promote our business. It takes time, but if done correctly, can make it all worth it, from the money you spend on gear/music (sometimes thousands!) to the experiences you'll have as a dj.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/45377/General_Discussion/How_do_you_get_gigs_.html?highlight=pionara

Welcome aboard!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:18 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
P....Thanks so much for the link, I read every word twice, and then read it again....I understand there is a lot more than bump, bump, bump all night....kepping the crowd entertined and the bar happy is our ultimate goal, fortunetly I live in a big city and promoting myself and persistance will hopefully prove to be possitive.......I wont selttle for anything less!!

Thanks again.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:32 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good stuff mate...:o) Glad you found it useful.

P

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 4:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)