Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best/Ideal Setting Up Order

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,
Before my first gig on friday, I just want to get some advice from eveybody on two issues that worry me.
I realized recently that, when I drag song in deck 1 and play it and drag another song on deck 2 and play it, and when crossfade from 1 to 2, Deck 2 seem to lose volume. It reduces to some degree. And when I get back to deck 1 or other way around, it increases. What could cause it? How can I overcome?
Also, what is the perfect/ideal order of turning on /setting up the system? Should I plug in everything to the computer first (speakers headphone soundcard jacks) and turn on computer and launch VDJ?

I have a 1.7 Ghz, P4, 256 MB laptop and a Sigma internal and a Trust external soundcard. Anyone, any particular recommendation about anything that I should be careful abou?

Best
DjSky

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 2:03 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi gokyucel...:o)

Ok, questions...

1/ Check your settings and make sure 'Auto Gain' is set correctly in your Fame Settings under the Config panel. Personally mine is set to 'Always 0db'. You can select 'Always Match' or 'Disabled' but I always just set to 0. If this is happening in EVERY track, then it may be a problem with your mixer perhaps??? Check all your plug as well to make sure that they are securely connected. Otherwise, if it's not every track, it may be the volume of the mp3 itself when it was ripped originally. If you could single out what songs this is happening with and play them on another player (Winamp/WMP etc) and see if the same thing happens there, you might be able to get an idea. If this is happening, it might be worth re ripping those quieter tracks.

2/ As for setting up, for me i always just plug everything in and then power up. It's better for your computer i think to be fully plugged in before turning it on anyway, as the boot up process will recognise all your connections. However, I DON'T use an external soundcard.

My advice for your first gig would really be to get there as early as possible. As it's your first show, you should give yourself AT LEAST an hour, but you might be better with two. Then you'll have plenty of time to try out a setup and get a soundcheck done and what have you. You'll also have time to solve any problems you encounter before the big moment.

Don't worry though, just go out there, do your stuff, and most of all, ENJOY IT!!!

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)