Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer is introducing upgrade CDJ1000 & CDJ800

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 7:57 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
they seem pretty much the same just tweaked and mainly added the must wanted mp3 playback.

ouch i'd like some over here.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 8:14 pm
That was also commented on the Pio board, but deleted right away. The only real advantage is mp3 support (but we have VDJ with tccd for that ;-) ) and the improved display (Display in vdj is far better). Not a real innovation after 3 years after the mk2 came out. They are nice players, but overpriced in my opinion.
On this moment I would go for Denon 3500's instead.
Ewout

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:20 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
with any luck it might make the older models cheaper, yeah that denon is very nice. I would say that if your using software like VDJ then i would not want anything on these players execpt a platter and pitch control. I would go for the s3000 (discontinued but cheaper) but still a great player and supported mp3.

i saw you have 1000's do you like them?? i say they would be ok but i don't like the pressure platter.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:32 pm
Correct I have 2 DN1000 players. Little story, skip it if you don't mind:
One day I used a double Denon 2500 player and VDJ. I would like to have a controller like the controller of the 2500 for VDJ. No controller was available. Then the Hercules dj console came out. Bought it, but I found it a toy in comparison with the Denon controller. I asked the VDJ team to support the D-Vinyl controller, which was out for some time then. Like always the VDJ team was listening to the users and implemented it. So I purchased the D-Vinyl, still very satisfied with that.
Having 2 19Inch controllers was not ideal, so I decided to buy 2 tabletop cd players. Some possibillities (at that time):
- Denon 1000s which were just released
- Denon 3000, 5000
- Pioneer 800, 1000
- Numark cdx.
I found the Numark too large. The cdj800 to less features, the Pio 1000 too expensive. I didnt like the feel of the belt drive of the 3000/5000.
So I decided to buy the Denon 1000. These were quite cheap, had mp3 playback, were small. I purchased them with the idea to replace them within 2 years for a better cd player. I think that will be the Denon3500

I like the Denon 1000's especially for the size, effects, mp3 playback. What I like less is the pitch control (was better on the 2500 in my opinion) and the platter. I do not scratch so it is not that important.
Ewout

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:02 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I remember the full story...
I was "begging" for timecode support that time, and it came later...

Here is a quote from the pioneer announcement, there is a faq:
(The first i did was to search for "midi" and found this word only one time...)

"Q: Although the features are nice this does not seem like such a big deal. I was hoping for blah blah blah blah.
A: Waaaa waaaa waaaaa. You guys complain about not having certain features (ie MP3). Now you get it and you complain. Can't please everyone. .....Ideas like USB connection, DVD compatability, hard disc controller, Midi connections, built in toaster, godzilla button etc are all good ideas that will hopefully eventually end up on players however we have to take one step at a time......

You can see clearly,
1. How flexible is this software with free updates, we have all these goodies now and cheap...
2. Midi support and "built in toaster" have the same meaning for pioneer...
Hardware manufactures are just slow to realize the needs and be up to date...
or ... "however we have to take one step at a time...... "
they just want to SELL one at the time...

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)