Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: discount

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As I understand it, if one purchases the hercules console, they get VDJ console edition. When they decide to purchase VDJ pro, they get a discount.
Does this mean that people who buy VDJ pro and then decide to get a console end up getting screwed the $50 discount they would get if they bought them in the other order?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 7:08 pm
I don't see where you would get screwed. You have a choice when making a decision on any purchase. Let me brake it down for you. You are looking to buy a controller, and find one that gives you a limited version of some software. You think it is a good deal. Think again. These companies have formed a business arrangement, that suits them. There is nothing wrong with that, it is good for their bottom line.
You bought a controller, and VDJ gave you a little taste. They are confident that you will buy their full version. It sounds like a great business decision to me. They do not offer a deal if you buy their full version, because they do not sell controllers. They sell software. It cost money to give out samples. I don't tell people how to run their company, because I don't allow others to tell me how to run mine. If you feel you are getting "screwed" that's on you. But you have a choice.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 5:30 am
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone. I love VDJ. So you're saying the answer is "yes".

It would make sense to offer the discount either way though:

buy HC --> get taste of VDJ that you normally wouldn't get --> buy VDJ Pro
buy VDJ --> find out about HC that you normally wouldn't know about --> buy HC

Either way, one company benifits from ones use of the other company, and would do well to offer a discount.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)