Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mixer to pc speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anybody knows how to connect the external mixer back to your pc speakers?
I have read none of this in the other topics. Do I need a second soundcard?
Please can anyone help me

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:27 am
I don't understand. What is it you want to do, exactly. Take your time, and gives as much imformation as you can. We don't charge by the word.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:07 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Most PC speakers work via a mini jack which goes straight into the soundcard, this depends on what cables you have.

I used to do this all the time, Go from the back of the mixer (Master out) into an input on your soundcard (twin jack-mini jack cable, or Stereo phono - mini jack cable or RCA to mini jack), whatever complies with your mixers master out.

With the mixer going straight back into the onboard soundcard (input) you can connect your PC speakers as usual, and be sure to select the right playback options in windows control pannel, to playback from the input device, whether it's line in (ideally) or a mic input, I mentioned mic input because this is what I used, I had no other choice, but with the levels set-up correctly the sound quality was very good, I even used to broadcast on the radio this way.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:28 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just use an RCA cable and plug output of the mixer into my *powered* computer speakers...

if you have passive comp speakers (not plugged into the wall separately) then u can most likely get a cable that will convert RCA output from your mixer to a small headphone-like plug that'll go into the line-in of your existing soundcard. be careful of the loop-back because the same sound that goes out will be coming back into your soundcard, but with the right settings, it'll work fine without the need for a second soundcard.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:32 am
bagpuss,
with the output of the mixer goes into the soundcards input, what goes then to the mixers line in A + B?

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 8:05 am
You need to go from your hercules as usual, you want two channels so you can from go from the mini jack (herc) - the line ins (mixer) on both channels, you want to do then as I said, from the Mixers master output back into an input on either the Hercules or your computer/laptops onboard soundcard, from here your in a position to connect your PC speakers as usual, going into soundcard settings and select that input for playback, be sure to do a number of tests with the levels to get optimum quality.

I hope you understand better now? :).

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 5:59 pm
i have dj control mp3, so I need a second soundcard. Isn't it?

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 10:45 pm
You need 3 outputs and 1 input, if you don't have that on your soundcard a second soundcard would be needed, yes.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 1:24 am
thanks man

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 2:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)