Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Are software updates free?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hekgPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm considering purchasing VirtualDJ but I know that a new sound engine is coming and other features and I want to make sure that updates are free.

Is the price a one-time fee and unlimited future upgrades included?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 7:05 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Updates are free to full version users, or at least they have been to date. As for future ones (including the new sound engine), I'm sure we'll find out soon!!!

Keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 8:07 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
(now that im getting ready to get the full version) v4 should come with a price. :p at least $200

and no demo. lol.
vdj v3 is one of the most popular downloads at download.com and this site has so many guests. so a lot of people "have tried it" and know of it. if there is a v4 demo it should be 70% functional. and to activate it users must call vdj offices and give their mothers middle names.

:D

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 1:43 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
currently the updates are fee.
v4 should have free updates. and option for donations.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 1:44 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When you buy VDJ you get the version you bought on the day..., updates are a bonus in my opinion, I think users should always be entitled to support and "fix" updates, but major new features are something which the company hold the right to charge for (if they should choose to exercise it).

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 1:49 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wonder if VIPs get discount rate lol

actualy they're not fussed cause they've got the beta versions allready lol

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:44 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol :)

"if they should choose to exercise it" I have no idea with the next update :), but got to safe guard myself, because it's never been official that Atomix give free updates, although so far they have been.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:50 am
WisdomHome userMember since 2006

Right I have just down loaded the product and been using it quite successfully and happily for the past few days I wanna buy but whats this about the new version, why buy now and waste my money when a new version might come out next week would I get a free upgrade

should I buy now, buy a second hand on e-bay till the new version comes out or wait till the new version comes out.

And what this one you have advertised Virtuak DJ EDS or sometging whats that all about

anyway thats my moan over I am away to watch the game

please advise

One Love Wisdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 9:30 pm
So far all updates since version 1.1 have been free. If you buy Virtual DJ from anywhere other then this website you will have a cracked version and support will NOT be given. The new version will have a new sound engine and many new TCV/TCCD support to make the TCV/TCCD users have more control and options then they currently have now.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 12:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)