Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PROTECT THE VIRTUAL DJ WEBSITE AND USERS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
i thought i better bring this to the virtual dj team attention,ther are users that are regestering on the virtual dj website ,they appear in forums a sno licence users,they are adding proffesional users information and then adding them to there msn and then badgering them for there user name and password to get plugins and effects and also i was asked for my user name and password when i said no the hassling started i have 5 users that all logg in to the virtual djs website in my msn list,i have now blocked all 5 of them from my msn list,i thought i would bring this to your attention,we all need to watch out for cheats and protect the virtual dj website.

you will haft to bare with me as i suffer from dislectcia as my reading and wrighting is not very good,i rely on a wizzard to read things for me and my partner for the spelling

DJ FORMAT

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 11:23 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thank you for this VITAL information.

This is a danger that all should be aware of and I thank you for bringing it to the forums attention.

We ALL need to be careful and to keep in mind that these people are out there trying to steal anything they can.

Stealing Virtual DJ passwords and usernames is only a small part of the damage that can be done.

Personal info can be stolen and you have your identity stolen.

Please be aware and careful.

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 11:34 pm
oh and by the way this user i spoke to on msn told me he was running a crack version of 3.2 and also he had over 100 effects he was after 1 effect he didnt have something to do with scratching,i told him that effects do not work in crack versions of VDJ,he told me that they do so i told him that i was part of the development team and told him i was going to report him so now my msn is qiet again lol

msn mesenger
DJ Format
i am part of the development team of VDJ

~ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸x~ Dj SaM ~x¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø~ says:
o
but u can just help me out man
can u send me a effect
likw auto scratch
dj format man u gotta help me out

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 11:34 pm

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 11:46 pm
i dont have his user information for the website i only have his yahoo id

msn mesenger

send me some effects
send me 1 effect and ill tell u if it works with the cracked verson
DJ Format { IN THE MIX COME IN AND NO ME BETTER MAN } says:
what is your user id on the VDJ website and i will see what i can do for you
no u can send me from here
just click on send file and select a effect from ur VDJ effect list

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸x~ Dj SaM ~x¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø~ says:
come on man im not gonna tell any 1 i swear
Plz Plz

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:03 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been added to the msn lists to many non licence users, some cracked version users, they ask me about Virtual DJ, wanting hints and tips as to make better use of it, Many of them have gone on to become registered users, whilst others are waiting for the right update before spending the cash.,

The non licence users that have contacted me have all been trouble free and some even become friends.

So this is obviously a minority, and nothing to worry about, make people aware of your position and if they don't respect that then don't associate yourselves with them.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:14 am
i understand that unregistered users become proffesional users and even friends but this guy clearly had no intention of buying the software because he had told me he had just cracked 3.2 and was asking me if i could give him a seriel nimber so he could instal 3.3 and also bearshare is a big source of illegal copies of VDJ.i was only expressing my concern i wasnt trying to stir things up for unlicenced users,i was only notifying cause i care about the sofware and i want to protect it the best i can

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:22 am
Simular activity has been going on since version 1, all you can do is as I said.

Atomix know more about what goes on than us, almost every software is avaliable illegally, and every DVD/CD.., people that disagree with it don't take part.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:28 am
are you saying i am incouraging it by starting this thread,i am dissapointed with your attitude i notced you were a vip member i thought more possitive responce from someone like yourself,you must of done something good or supporting VDJ i dont know,i appolozise for this thread didnt mean to get anyones back up,just some possitive feedback would of been nice and i wanted the VDJ users to know so we could work as ateam,i used to have a computer repair shop so i am aware about piracy and cracked software,sory for caring

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:38 am
I'm saying nothing but the words I have written above, but you seem to be using a bad translator, because I think I've been quite clear on my points, I personally don't see room for how they could be misinterpreted so badly.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:44 am
i disagree in it
YOU S people that disagree with it don't take part. I IM NOT TAKEING PART IN IT

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:51 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you dont understand,

piracy happens and thers not allot we can do about it. report any things like this to the VDJ team

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 1:38 am
Dj Format, you made a correct decision, but there are some rules already here that SHOULD prevent what you were talking about.

Users should not write their e-mail adresses and MSN in the posts. They are supposed to put it in their blog. Blogs are accessible only by the upper level users.

Also I reported some of the illegal activities I personally encoutered, like opportunity to buy/dl crack

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 10:28 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Exactly you can add a level on the blog and everybody use this system for their msn messenger and/or e-mail

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 11:06 am
I knew this post would head this way, and that's why I said:
"The non licence users that have contacted me have all been trouble free and some even become friends.

So this is obviously a minority, and nothing to worry about, make people aware of your position and if they don't respect that then don't associate yourselves with them."

I think this is a more human policy, than simply closing the doors, I wont say how many copies of VDJ I've sold through talking to people in msn over the benefits of going legal, but I can say it's many.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)