Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke / Recursing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have my Karaoke on a seperate hard drive from the music. There are various company karaoke files on the drive; such as soundstage, top hits, etc. I only want soundstage to appear.
So instead of doing a scan drive or scan cd. I just went to the drive with karaoke and clicked on the soundstage file only. Then I clicked on show all. That works so I can just bring up the soundstage files without the others. I want to have it seperate because I would like to be able to search for only music files while playing music and when I switch to karaoke I want to be able to search those files seperately.
Only problem I have is that when I switch to the karaoke I always need to recurse.
Is there a way to do this without recursing everytime.?
Almost forgot. ALso I have analyzed these tracks but the BPM does not appear, and it take a quite a bit longer to load. Suggestions please. Thanks

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 4:11 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i have my cdg folder set as a favorite so when i dj i just remove the folder from the search database or any of it's indivisual sub-folders. Then whenever you have to do a karaoke night just do a quick scan of your hard drive before the gig and they'll show right back up. As far as the bpm's not showing up on some of your files, does the length on the file show up properly? if so it probably thinks it's over 200bpm and not showing. try manually typing a bpm and see if it remembers it

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 8:17 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I like the fact Virtual Dj can play back karaoke, but the screen is very boring, especially on the big screen projector so here's a program I reccomend:
http://www.karafun.com

Download the free software and away you go
The thing I like about this software is the ability to change the backgrounds so you don't just have the boring blue.

Or is their already a plug-in for Virtual Dj to show pictures or effects behind the karaoke words?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 1:15 am
Philly;
Thanks sounds good. The party I will be doing will be a combination of music and karaoke. I was looking for a way to not include the karaoke files into the database search. I would to be able to have just the music file show up when I am doing th music portion of the night and then when I need the karaoke just have those files appear without the music.
Just seems to be a little less confusing for me to have each one appear seperately.
By the way can you delete the favorite folder without deleying the karaoke from the drive?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 4:18 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do You mean remove from Favorites? Why dont u just set up the music and cdg as favorite folders and enable "show all" on both folders. That way when u want music only just highlight the music folder and search from there.. or vice versa.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 7:26 pm
Yep I meant from the favorites. Which apparently you can do with no problem,
I tried to set the karaoke as favorites,but it still need to recurse everytime I go to that folder.
Is there any way to have it not recurse each and every time you switch?

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)