Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Naming (DVD Ripping)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ ED EPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok I have heard conflicting reports about ripping and naming dvds..

Is there a software that will let me rip music videos and name them .. .something like the video equivelent of freedb?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 9:12 pm
I have no idea about naming... but for DVD Ripping you can use a program called DVD Decrypter.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 2:41 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Unfortunately you have to name your own tracks, yes it sucks.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 12:03 pm
I agree, it does suck. Just learn to type faster.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 6:58 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Particularly when it's today's "stars" with their whole freakin ensemble like Terror Squad f./Remy, Armageddon, Dre & Fat Joe & Boozie Of The G.I.B. Prodigy, Illaghee & Nina Sky and Ludacris & Cee-Lo Kanye West & Syleena Johnson.........Let me catch my freaking breath....Yea!

Now which version of that did you want to hear again???

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 7:59 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
When I get a music video DVD I go to google.com or directly to the shop's website I bought it from most usually have track listings.

Copy the tracklisting to a .txt file save it, then when you have ripped your DVD just copy and paste from the text file. Doesn't take too long. Also if you keep all the text files in a folder you can use a text search tool just incase anyone asks for a track that you know you have, but can't remember which disc it's on and you havn't put it on your hard drive.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:44 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Found this site:
http://www.mv-db.com/

Looks like it's very much Work In Progress. So no one know's when this will be ready? Knowing my luck by the time it's working I will already have all my DVD's ripped.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 4:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)