Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: tccd vs dac3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

now i heard the xp10 isn't for sale anymore, i have another questio(BTW vdj rocks):
is there a difference in quality between the dac 3 an tccd when you use them with a pioneer or denon cd player?

Posted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 7:48 pm
There will be no difference in sound quality when using TCCD's with Pioneer/Denon CD players or the DAC-3.

However, there is a big difference in terms of control between the two. Both will allow you to control the basic functions such as play/pause/cue, pitch, pitchbend and jogwheels.

The DAC-3 is a controller for VDJ with a similar feel to a standard dual-CD player. As well as controlling basic playback, the buttons can be used to trigger loops, FX, set/goto cues and perform other functions in VDJ (Such as video mixing with my DAC-3 mapper.)

TCCD's control playback of VDJ only. You will not be able to directly trigger VDJ functions from the CD deck (Such as VDJ loops, FX, etc.) FX built-into the CD player and master tempo cannot be used (These will destroy the timecode signal.)

CD players with touch-sensitive scratch wheels or spinning platters will allow you to scratch in VDJ just as you would with a CD. Pitch, pitchbend and play/pause will all work fine.

Cues and loops using the CD deck may not work correcly (The playback position may drift), but this will hopefully be addressed and fixed in the next update of VDJ (Improvements to timecode are currently being worked on by the dev team.)

For the best of both worlds, you can use both the DAC-3 and TCCD/TCV together. This will give you the playback control of TCV/TCCD (E.g: Scratching) and the additional VDJ control of the DAC-3 (Cues, loops, FX, etc.) along with the LCD displays that show time remaining, pitch/BPM, etc.

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:01 am
so you cannot use the loops and cue from you cd player properly? i didn't was planning toscratch alot because mostly i play house. so maybe t's just be better to buy the dac 3 conroller

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 8:58 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thats exactly whatI did....Im waiting to receive my DAC3, no use in turntables and cd players to control the program, just use the DAC3, from what I have been reading and researching its awesome.......I will use my MK2 controller as a sound card, easy wiring, easy setup....win win!!

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:35 pm
>so you cannot use the loops and cue from you cd player properly?

It depends on your CD players. Some may work better than others. The drifting issue is a known problem with timecode and will hopefully be fixed in the near future. If you already have the CD players, you can burn a timecode CD and give them a try.

>I didn't was planning toscratch alot because mostly i play house.
>so maybe t's just be better to buy the dac 3 conroller

You would probably be better off with the DAC-3 - This will give you the same control as a dual-CD player with the ability to set/goto cues, trigger loops, FX, etc.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:22 pm
The combination of a controller (d vinyl in my case) in combination with tccd or time code vinyls worst the best for me. You could start with a proper sound card a u46dj for example. Then you could use tccd already. If your missing some additional buttons you could buy the dac 3 later on.
Ewout

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 6:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)