Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help ripping PO ambient video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djpartyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What ripper and file type does everyone use to rip the ambient video on a Promo Only DVD. Also settings for the ripper would be very helpful.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:00 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You could rip it as a vob or mpeg, just rip it as one file instead of chapters so it slideshows for you.
VOB takes no settings, but mpeg gets a little more involved.

But, why would you want their ambients when you have SOUND ACTIVE visualizations from VDJ?
I haven't used my PO ambients since VDJ came out with support for it.

And NOTHING beats sound active ambients.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:20 pm
If I rip these ambients won't they work like the sound active visuals do.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:22 pm
Negative

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:29 pm
Thanks for tylenol for my headache. I am a new user , just trying to get everything loaded and ready. The ambients have been a pain, I will use the sound active plug-ins available until I become more familiar with program, then I will try to create some of my own to share with the community. Thanks very much for your help.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:32 pm
There are 80+ active visualizations in the plug in section, make sure you use the sound setting 4th from the bottom, they are not active with the advanced setting for some reason.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:41 pm
I have downloaded the plug-ins already and tried them out in a slideshow. They work sound active already. Can you explain where to find the sound setting 4th from the bottom that you are talking about.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 5:48 pm
Config>soundcard>4th from bottom. It has a picture of 2 soundcards in it.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 7:38 pm
ok I see that, however I don't have two soundcards on the laptop. How will this work? Please explain.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:18 pm
You said they were working for you now. What config are you useing? What soundcard do you have? If it is working for you the way you have it, leave well enough alone. However, if you answer these questions, someone else may be helped.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:42 pm
If my memory serves me correctly, the ambients will not play because there is no sound track. My theory is if you remaster the ambient, if you are set on using it, using a sound track that is silent; then the ambient should be able to be used with VDJ.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 4:06 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Kamakuakane is correct about the ambients not working because there is no soundtrack to them. At least the last time I tried it in v3.2 that was still true, haven't tried in v3.3 yet... anyone?
As for party's original question though, DVDDecrypter rips the ambient tracks nicely. I use SmartRipper normally, and I haven't been able to get it to rip those for me in that, though I haven't tried real hard, knowing they don't work in VDJ anyway.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 4:27 pm
I never ran ambients with vdj, I was using Tricerasoft Elite for video until vdj introduced it.
I even deleted them because vdj's were so good and sound active.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 4:31 pm
Rick, That's funny, I had been using Swift Elite for video also, and then once VDJ started doing video and so intuitively, I don't think I have even launched Swift Elite since that day.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:23 pm
I just installed my copy again just to see the update and have for backup if I ever need it.
It still has some decent features, but the 2.0 upgrade is costly and 1/2 of what we give away with vdj for the $149.00 internet price.
I would have my original $299.00 plus another $150.00 (reduced upgrade price) if I upgraded and I declined to give them any more money.

Hands down VDJ is the best deal, best program on the planet right now, you can't lose.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:33 pm
OK, am I missing something here? I am an obvious newbie here and am just learning the program. The visualizations you are referring to I think are quite boring. They remind me of Windows Media Player.Am I missing something?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 2:19 am
Most of the visualizations built into VDJ are very WMP like, but many are sound active which makes them good for visualizing the music. In fact I sometimes prefer to play a visual for a particular song rather than its actual video.
However, the visualizations we are discussing in this thread are the Promo Only Ambients which are available as the last 3 tracks of the Hot Video DVD series as well as in their own compilation DVD. These are generally fully rendered visuals and therefore are not very WMP-like. However, these are not sound active at all. Some of them are very nice especially for setting a relaxed mood where you don't necessarily want sound active though, such as the clouds, the fishtank, and the fireflies; I guess you could say these are boring, but sometimes that's what you want. Many also are designed for chroma-key effect which is always a crowd pleaser (if you have a video mixer that supports it, and optionally a live video camera input.) Another reason to want the PO Ambients is that there are many available that are themed (birthday, anniversary, halloween, valentine's day, etc.)

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)