Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are the best soundcards for the Laptop DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering what the best soundcard to use was for VDJ, I used to use the soundblaster Extigy, and did well with it, except it was one more peripheral I needed to carry around with the wires and wall wart etc... I have since moved to the Echo Indigo DJ and love it so far. What do you guys think/use and what do you recommend?

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:48 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you need a nice mixer too, mp4 Rane.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:50 pm
daledjbPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use creative labs sound blaster Audiology2 External USB sound card.... does a great job... $200 australian...

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 7:46 am
if you need just a sound card the best is maya 44.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 11:43 am
I've been looking for the maya 44 for a year now, can't find it anywhere. I'm thinking about this one http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AudiophileUSB-main.html but it's more $$ than I want to spend.
I want to use TCV which I bought over a year ago. worked fine on a crappy sound card before but since V3, my TCV don't work anymore and I need a new sound card but reading the forums the only one that seems to work is the Maya 44 usb and it sounds like they don't make them anymore. lol what a joke VDJ...

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 4:16 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 4:25 pm
@Dragonwyng, you're already doing as well as you can with the PCMCIA card. The other best is the Maya44 USB, but again it will be an extra item to carry, although it will be less the power supply as in the case of the Extigy.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 5:31 pm

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 5:13 pm
DjPyurePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ive noticed something about the stores that still have the Maya 44 listed. I tried to order it from 2 or 3 that said they had some in stock and it was delayed 2 times in shipping, and when I called to ask (Both of them) what was going on, they said they didn't have any, and were not sure when they will get anymore in...So I got tired of waiting and just ordered the ESI U56DJ and am much happier with this

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 11:42 pm
Cool, same experience for me. I might follow you steps. Do you used TCvynils with the ESIu46dj ? is it working ok?
thanks

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)