Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 20Gb mp3s database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chunguyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello everyone!!

I'm gonna tell you my last "crash" with VitualDj (The Best DJ Soft I've ever used)

I've got 20Gb music on my USB2.0 HD (I know, USB2.0 is very slow for mixing)

In the middle of the set I "touch" the artist column (order). My God, No filters!!!!

20Gb in my database. VirtualDJ beggin to order but the system were frozen. No automix, no play...

Any solution? Something like less priority to the database, more to de mix... I don't know.

I use te Lite version (Hercules DJ Console)

Another cuestion. Best configuration for USB2.0? More RAM? Firewire? More virtual Memory?

Thanks a lot

Posted Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 2:16 pm
When you click on the Artist column header, The complete list will be sorted on the Artist name. Normally this works ok and quite fast. If your computer has to less ram or cpu power, this sorting could result in slips in the music.

Please register your hercules console and post your computer configuration.

Ewout

20G is not that much, I currently have over 500G and sorting the local database takes about 2 seconds on my machine

Posted Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 6:02 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i only have about 160 but also the sorting is fast (i remeber it used to take ages, obvoptimized some code) and it has never caused skips or artefacts in the final signal.

new version in 2 weeks tho so something to look forward to! mabey it will be even more solid for the audio make skips a thing of the past!

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 12:56 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
chunguy,
I also have in 300GB of music and videos in a 500GB arrange of disks... Got some other music in a network and also get some songs from there and I have no issue searching the songs.

BUT, I got enough RAM and CPU and disck power to do the job done.

What are your computer Specs?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 8:20 am
ALOT of things have changed since the Hercules1 light version (1.08/1.09)

ONE of them is FASTER database, and no "freeze" when sorting huge databases..

Try the demo of 3.3, and you will see

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 2:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)