Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Issue with backspinning TCV's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This si a double post.
This is also posted in bugs reporting but I got no response.

I use tcv's. When I backspin, sometimes the program will lose the correct cue. In other words, it will not go back to the first beat or the begining of the record (Track). I can try to backspin back to the start of the song but can't get there. I can backspin all the way to the begining of the tcv and still not reach the begining of the song. This happens alot when backspin fast. Even if I pick up the needle and put it back to the begining of the tcv, its the same thing. I have to hit stop in on the vdj program order to go back ti the begining of the track.

How is this fixed?

it is VERY inconvienent while dj'ing.

Please help.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:14 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes i have the same issue, also backspinning will cause the song to just a second off the mark. My current workaround is lots of cue points, saves backspins from wearing the vinyl, plus is quicker. I do most the the juggling like this unless i use a point where i have no cues set.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:27 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Disable "anti skip" option will help a little.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:34 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anti skip is already disabled.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:56 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
No other hints then, except to set cue points at the start of the songs.
Timecode is reworked, wait for the next version.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 6:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
We have this problem corrected in the near future

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 8:07 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
for me reversing is fine with TCV but when i reverse fast and then let the disk spin forwards again the songs skips as the song position jumps when the first position code is read. as i understand it positional timecodes are not read when the disk is spinning backwards and consequently the position drifts off, this is not such a problem for me but when the sound 'pops' to the correct position it sucks. it doesnt seem to get the speed totaly wrong when its backspinning tho, it certainly doesnt lose so much info/'drift' as its spinning back that i have problems getting to the start of the song with the TCV.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 10:46 pm
I hear u DJCity, the backspin I feel is very essential especially when playing reggae/dancehall n hip hop(when u need to pull-up-that-tune). But I think this is a TCV/Sound engine issue cause a fast backspin is just like fast scratching, the signal is lost n we end up with a choppy signal that doesn't do what u intend. I hope this is addressed in the upcoming update. This is all I ask for.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 6:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)