Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How good is hercules?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How good is hercules?

I use tcv's and I am still new to cpu dj'ing. I work it out with the tcv's. I do the best I can do on VDJ Radio when I broadcast.

I'm looking for easy. Easy and funtional. Spining with VDJ is easy and spining with tcv is easy too, but if I can make it easier then so be it.

How stable is the controler? Stable as in durable.

Can you use Hercules at a live show with NO problems? Is it good for club dj'ing and mobil shows?

How is it as far as using all the functions from VDJ?

How diffucult or easy is it to use the Hercules console?

In other words, Is this a product a professional dj could use or even want to use?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 8:04 am
hey djcity top questions

allow me to add one to those :)
can the hercules take over the need for a usb sound card ?
since it does state has 2 soundcards in it

Posted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 9:26 am
It's not really a topic but i'd just like to add that i'm extremely happy for having bought VDJ! thx

Posted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 10:46 am
Hi, At the moment i'm using VDJ with a hercules dj control mp3 and a maya 44 usb sound card. I'm still getting to grips with it, but it seems ok.

The Hercules is made from plastic not metal so it not really robust, but it is small enought to fit in a laptop bagalong with the soundcard and the laptop itself!

I've heard that the sound from the hercules mkII isn't bad, but isn't top notch, that's why i went for the maya sound card instead.

It might be worth looking at the DAC-2, they've got metal casing and are rack mountable, etc.

Hope that helps.

Andy Taylor.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 6:31 pm
KK-DJHome userMember since 2005
I have the Hercules DJ Console MK2 and it works rather nicely however if you are already using timecoded vinyls i would consider the DJ Console and downgrade from TCVs if your using TCVs already the best thing you can do is get one of Numarks USB mixers that would probaly be the best thing to do. Now for transportability the HDJC is much better but it does not have the professional feel that you would get with TCVs and a USB mixer

Posted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 9:21 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I think TCV and hercules MK2 is a great combination.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 12:04 am
I've been testing my HDJC2 with a pair of TCV and have the ASIO settings set at 48000 Hz, 16-bit and 672 as the buffer size. This is a 14ms latency (according to djDecks - so 1ms = 48 buffer, the HDJC goes down to 96 akthough 672 seems to work perfectly so far).

The HDJC is quite handy with TCV and the stick is extremely good for fast spinbacks which may be hard to acheive with the TCV due to skipping (depends on your decks) and the small space to touch the record in the centre. The sound quality so far seems to be more than reasonable although a little bass heavy at times, but this may be due to my external mixer. I'm also only using a pair of Numark powered speakers so perhaps I'm just used to standard sound quality.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 2:02 pm
I use the MK2 for proffesional gigs, connected to external mixer.

As a controller is both durable (have had the console1 for about 2 years), and it no latency what so ever using it as a midi controller.
And the soundcard is great for regular audio play.

Negative sides:
- a bit plastic looking
- a bit small
- drivers are not optimal for timecode use, but ok (maya and u46 works better as of now).

But all in all, I do like the hercules controller alot.

There are new controllers comming out in about a month, such as the Behringer (hopefully) and more.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 2:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)