Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: short gaps (no sound) during mixing! Help :)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have big troubles while mixing since a few days. Everytime a song is played in one player and I put one into the other player this causes a gap in the music u hear while the 2nd song is loaded. This doesnt happen immediately after putting the 2nd song to the player but not long after he starts loading the 2nd song on the 2nd player.

1st of all this started to happen this week. No problems before. I already formated my Pc and the problem still occurs. (I also have the latest Firmware and Software) Now the illest about the whole thing. I have the DjConsole connected to my Receiver via optical digital out (and it used to work fine and still does except the told problem) Just to check out whats going on I connected the DjConsole to my Monitorspealers via analogoutput (using the 2 cinch outputs for the frontspeakers) and surprise no gaps anymore while they still occur in the same moment on the optical output.

This really sucks cause I already sent my DJconsole back to them once because of the Jogwheel hypersensity Problem and I just want it to work now.... :( Anyone experiencing anything like this or tips are appreciated. (Dont tell me to connect it via analog that cant be the solution....) Thx

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 8:31 pm

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 11:14 pm
KeuneutHome userMember since 2004
What are your system specs....?

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 10:31 am
My System: Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB DDRRam, 60GB IBM HDD, Geforce 4TI

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 11:07 am
KeuneutHome userMember since 2004
Ok... So that's doesn't seem to be the problem.
I haven't got a clue what it could be then. I thought it could have been your memory but I don't think that's the problem. I have 512 ddr memory and I don't have any problems with gaps while mixing. Good luck!

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 4:17 pm
OK I have the solution now. I had my Console plugged to my Pc directly (and this used to work fine until last week) but with plugging it to the external powered usb Hub no more gaps occured.

Posted Fri 07 May 04 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)