Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quality of sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are there any plans to improve the quality of VirtualDJ Time Stretch??

Posted Sun 02 May 04 @ 2:51 pm
198404Home userMember since 2004
depending on one 's skill and commitment any thing can be grown from absolutly nothing to something big.

Posted Mon 03 May 04 @ 8:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yup! I'd too love to see some improvements to this algorythm. Some softwares (4 live mixing, not sound processing) that I tested already have a great time-stretch coding, that don't distort the rythm of the song at all, while here, this function is pretty much useless, except when stretching a vocal (but still with low quality). Would be nice to see Virtual do the same "trick" as a pro software ;)

Regards

Posted Mon 03 May 04 @ 6:12 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i totally agree with you, if this function was improved it would greatly improve the usability of the software

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 2:37 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I must be a little behind... I thought the sound from VDJ was good. Especially compared to the Numark TTX1 turntable I got a few weeks ago (it will do pitch-lock)... but I don't like to use it that much cause it sounds "flangy" and the base doesn't hit as hard (I'm talking about the TTX1).

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 2:33 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it does sound good but if you go any more than +- 12% you can start to hear the gaps in between the song (dont really know how else to describe it) if the code could fill in these gaps it would sound much better.
then again in most instaces you are not really going over that +-12% so it is not that apparent

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 2:06 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 06 May 04 @ 4:58 pm
XEODEHome userMember since 2004
this is verry true and ive posted numerous time about this feature, this is the only problem after the new fixes introduced by V2 i remembered having a version about 9 months ago that seemed to timestretch perfectly without the skipping of samples in such a blatent fasion anyway. im no mathematician but i know that it shouldnt be imposible to change the pitch of a song without distorting it (its allrady possible to speed up the song by raising the sample rate, but the pitch rises) to counter the increase the pitch can be lowered proportionaly and i have seen this done many times without judderyness, so back to the assembler compiler mr virtual dj cause the time stretch sucks. i hate having to turn it off when i play gigs as reseting the pitch leaves me slowly tapping the arrow keys for the rest of the song to reset the pitch near enough to the next one(i like to mix it up allot and dont just play the same hard dance all night)

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 5:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

let me get this straight, are you guys reffering to the sound quality when the pitch is adjusted?, or when the time stretch is turned on?, general playback quality?.

I don't see time stretching as any use to me, pitch adjust alone is fine.

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 11:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)