Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ PRO won't install HELP - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am trying ti download and install vdj pro but it won't work. During the install i'll get

"65% of install_virtualdj_v3.3.exe completed"

Then it will just hang there. The little papers will continue to move from the picture of the globe into the folder (i'm talking about the download window if u did not know) but the install will not progress past that 65%.

I have tried several times with no luck. I have tried to "save to disk" Did not work.
I have tried to "Run" Still won't work.

WHAT'S WRONG???

PLEASE HELP.
I wanna start spinnin my tcv's TONIGHT.
Any help would be GREATLY appericated.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 12:14 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you have a firewall on?, virus protection software?, any active apps open whilst downloading?.

Do you have a download limit?, are you trying to download to a destination with little space free?.

If I were you, I'd restart my PC, then cut all unneeded proccesses (including anti virus software), and try again from there.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 12:41 am
I have a firewall on my laptop. I also have a wireless router. I will take the firewall down on the laptop and see if this works.

Bagpuss, Thanx 4 your help. I'll post again to let people know if this works.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 12:50 am
Bagpuss, I disabled the firewall and was able to download VDJ PRO.

I now have a protection error.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:28 am
DJ City:
This is no big deal, support team can solve this very quick.

This is to do with having a demo version, or home edition, or console edition and most likely if a cracked version was on the system, all those version need to be deleted from the system before installing the FULL version, but too late now, you need a remedy :).., on support again.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:32 am
yep just ask another question and tell them what protection error you are having and someone from the staff will definatelly help you resolve it :D

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:36 am
I hit up the support team and i am waiting for a response from them.

In the meantime....

Hi ho...Hi ho... it's off to deleting and removing I go.

Damn... Did not want to lose all my cue points and bpm's. Guess I gotta do it all over again.

Thanx Man. I'll keep ya posted.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:39 am
No man, not those files.., keep your Database etc, just the programs, causes confusion. the exe, especially CRACK!

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:44 am
Where and how do I remove the files and what do I need to remove?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:49 am
Sorry - can't go into detail on forum, you need to wait for support team :).

Prevention is better than cure, but probably wasn't your fault, the protection is really indiscriminent, I had loads of problems when I first bought VDJ, and never had another version on my PC prior.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:52 am
I understand...

I'll wait for the support team/

I'll keep ya posted. By the way...

Thanx for making me feel at home.

DJ CITY

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:54 am
Your very welcome City ;) - Good to have you on board, great time to join us too btw, things are hotting up despite what the haters say!.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:03 am
Off the subject for a minute...

What makes a member V.I.P. or any other level?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:08 am
Community participation.., quantity and quality of posts, helping other users, creating skins/effects etc.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:10 am
Yo, DjCity welcome again, this time as full. I hope you will never consider your money wasted for this cool programme and also hope you will get it working soon.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:36 am
I think I got it...

Now if I could just get a little (or a lot) of help configuring this maya44 usb soundcard... I think i'll be in business.

I am using TCV with 2 turntables and a analog mixer.

Anyone that can help me?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:46 am

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 2:48 am
Yall are da Bomb!!!

I'm almost there I think. Next question...

How can I get my headphones to work through my mixer so I can dj like I used to. I want to use my mixer for djing and cueing. can I do this? I do not want to ue the soundcard for my headphones.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 3:10 am
one output from Soundcard to channel one of mixer
second output to channel two of mixer.

You need 2X mini jack - RCA cables.

This is the same as useing a mixer reguarly where you can assign what you want to the cue (Headphone).

Good luck!.

p.s you can see this diagramed in the soundcard settings of VDJ.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 3:20 am
yes Yes ya'll...And ya don't stop!

I got it working on my laptop. Now how do I get the program on my desktop?

I now see what everybody was talking about w/ sound quaility. IT'S LOW (the sound I mean).

I also see the issues w/ TCV. It does work but sounds kinda... kinda...slow.

I haven't hooked it up to my real sound system yet. I'm curious to see how it will sound with some power behind it.

I still have to get used to this. it's "like" wax but not quite. Not by a long shot. Maybe with some time and practice.

I CAN'T GET THE BEATMATCH TO WORK !!! I have it enabled but...NOTHING. I have tried all settings for the beatmatch and still... NOTHING. The light will go on while I hold the (B) but it does not stay on or change the beat up at all. Other than that..... Not a Bad Product.

I'll be around here looking for help and tips so if ya'll have patience with me i'll turn into a great VDJ user and be able to help those who come along after me.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 4:54 am
95%