Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Which Hardware setup would u suggest?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey DJs! Im planning to buy Hardware for my setup. I curently have a High end pc, a Numark DXM01 Mixer(USB), and a big CRT monitor....i wanna make my setup more professional with more control without using the mouse and the keyboard...
So, What should i buy first and i know i need a TFT monitor too...So, just suggestions about COntrollers is fine...Is the DAC3 or DAC2 good?Or How about some other stuff? Please Suggest some..If u were me, what would u buy first?..I dont have a big bugget though...
Thanks a lot!

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 5:58 am
DAC2/3 is very good, and works with all functions in Virtual DJ.

It also has a mapper, so you can change the buttons etc. And would let you use Virtual DJ without using the mouse

Its rackmount, so its not for "the usual club dj setup" where you have a "deck" on each side of the mixer.

Dont know your mixer all that well, but I think it has 2x soundcard inside, so you can use it for soundcard for Virutal DJ. One channel/soundcard for each deck.

About your PC screens, thats not my territory at all... dont know, sorry :)

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 10:55 am
Thanks a lot with help dj-in-norway, i would consider a DAC 2... cos DAC 3 is well over my budget, so what are the major differences btween the two?
adi

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 11:40 am
DAC3 has a lot more buttons that you can map to functions in VDJ. That makes it really much more user friendly. It means you will rely even less on the keyboard/mouse. I have a dac2, however and it works fine. I just dont have all the extra buttons that are mappable to different functions in VDJ.

A DAC3 will take 3 rack spaces (3u), and the DAC2 will only take 2u. That is something to consider also.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 5:10 pm
THanks for the post! SAw ur other post regarding your setup...gve me ur address, im stealing it!

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 6:40 pm
lol.. I have to admit, its a mesh of ideas from other setups, including DJCyder, MP3jrick, and others. The monitor idea came from one I saw a while back on another forum. I asked a lot of questions and put it together. Worked out pretty good. Im still modifying it now and then.

Whatever rackmount you choose, do consider how deep it is, because a standard rackmount is too deep to fit in the size case we need for our setups. Make sure your rackmount is no more than 19" deep, and that's cutting it close.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 7:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)