Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop (setup will this work?)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I currently running VDJ from my desktop computer, and I have set it up in the config menu so the different channels in VDJ come out of the front and rear speaker outputs in my sound card, then I use two audio jack to double phone cables and put them in to separate channels on my mixer.

I am thinking of getting a laptop, and was wondering if I could set it up using the stereo splitter option in the config menu, and then out of the headphone output on the laptop use a jack to twin phono converter, then from each of the phono outputs convert it back to twin phono and then run it in to my mixer as normal and both the channel on my mixer will appear to be in stereo.

I am fairly sure it will work I just wanted to know if anybody knew that it would not work.

And just one other question, I have seen the minimum requirements to run VDJ are a 1.2ghz processor and 512mb of RAM, and was wondering if anyone has a lower spec. laptop then this and it runs well.

thanks.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 2:59 pm
wow.. hehe.. dont know if that would work

At it would be FAR easier to get an USB external soundcard for your laptop! ;)

I have Hercules MK2 connected to my laptop, but you can go for soundcard only solutions too, that are smaller (Such as Maya etc)

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 3:12 pm
yer i think i will probably get a external USB soundcard, i already have a good mixer so i am trying to do the cheapest option

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 3:25 pm
and you would need the full version of Virtual DJ, at least if you wanna do it legally ;)

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 4:17 pm
probably loo for notebook that has 5.1 output, on some newer models you are able to switch you microphone/line in to outputs and therefore have 3 stereo outputs.

For example my uniwill notebook has only stereo out and you can hear the unwanted background sounds in the speakers, it;s worse when on big amplifier therefore I don't reccomend el-cheapo soundcards that are usually built in. Probably you should test the quality of the soundcard before buying it if you prefer the onboard one. Some are pretty good quality thou.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 11:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)