Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This application failed to start because d3dx9_24dll. was not found. What is this, and how do I fix it?

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 6:16 am
Somebody, Anybody, Everybody, Scream. C'mon, help a brother out.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 8:30 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:40 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sometimes DLLs go missing when you uninstall a product that had installed DirectX, and that you choose to delete the DDLs as part of the uninstall. When unistalling a product, I always choose to leave the components that might be shared by other apps...

Maybe the missing DLL is due to that? in any case, DJ-ALF's advice should do it...

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:53 am
Thank you gentlemen for the explaination and the remedy. I will try this on Sat and let you know if it works. I have a big gig tomorrow, and don't mess around with my machine unless I have to. Again, thanks. This sounds like something I did.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 7:43 pm
Just to update. I got this error when trying 2 of the video effects. Updated the Directx app, and still got the same error. I ran the dxdiag, and it said everything was ok. I should have run this before I updated, but did not think of it. I checked the properties of these effects, and found that they had a block on them from Windows, because they came from another computer. I unblocked, and now they work fine.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 11:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)