Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can Someone Anser This Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i've been a DJ for 15+ years. I have DJ'd with vinal for 14 years and with cd's for a year and a half. I just ordered the maya44 usb (Musitians Friend has it for $119 free shipping) and I just ordered the time coded records from vdj. The question I have is...Can you adjust the pitch from the turntable? you know, speed the music up and slow it down? If so, does this affect the sound of the music, like if you speed a song up ALOT, will you still get that Alvin and the Chipmunks sound? I should have asked before making my purchase but i'm kinda amped at the possibility of dj'ing from my laptop instead of carrying 15 cases of records or a whole lot of cd's. someone please holla back.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 9:27 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try the demo version. As you wil pitch up the timecode on turntables, the software will pitch up the mp3 acorddingly.

Happy Mixing.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 10:55 pm
Hey Erxon. Sorry for the dubble post. Thanx for the info. However, I'm still looking for the answer to the sound question. When speeding up the track using the TURNTABLE, will I get that chipmunk sound? I can't test this out till I recieve the timecoded vinal and the usb soundcard.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 11:41 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, the pitch would be shifted ("chipmunk" as you wish to call it), unless the timestretch (also known as Master Tempo) is enabled (check the FAME settings in VDj options). But to my knowledge (as far as I read the forums), timestretch cannot be used with timecode.

For certain info search the forums with keywords: "timecode master tempo", "timecode timestretch", etc. It's been discussed.

Regards.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 12:43 pm
erxon I believe you are incorrect. Time Stretch does not work with timecode vinyl or cds. If you pitch up the turntable, the chipmunk sound will happen regardless of whether or not time stretch is enabled.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 11:51 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Erxon said: "But to my knowledge (as far as I read the forums), timestretch cannot be used with timecode"

= correct

Posted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 12:09 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
tested and will verify timestretch will only work with VDJ's pitch not TT's

Posted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 1:30 am
Listen2... Thanx. Once I recieve my time coded wax I'll give it a try but at least I now know what I'll be workin with. Is the program and the timecoded wax accurate? Like I said before, I;m used to spinning with real wax. I mix, cut, scratch, drop beats, and beat juggle. I HOPE i'm not wasting my money and time on this product. You spin wax (vinal) Can you let me know if the product is for real DJ's or will this be a waste of my time?

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 2:12 am
well if you want to spin and mix there's no problems at all. Your going to get pretty much the same feel as your going to get from real vinyl.

Scratches....Keep it simple. Don't try doing any advanced scratches like scribbles or very slow scratches. That's the only time you'll get issues. Although I know for sure the Dev team has TCV in mind for one of the updates to come ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil-

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 3:23 pm
woohoo :)

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)