Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Questions on the working of VIRTUAL DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just purchased the Virtual Dj and I have a couple of problems regarding the funcionallity of the program.
1º-Everytime I load a song it interrupts my other playing deck.
2º-After analysing a file most of the times I found an (*) in front of the BPM count what is that?
3º-What is the shortcut to control the UP and DOWN Volume on each deck.
4º-How can I found the BPM on a new file without analysing it.
5º-When I load a file into a deck I only view a little bit of the spctrum is this normal?
6º-Why everytime that I open the program it tries to make a connection to the INTERNET, this also happens in my ATOMIX.

All this questions come, because I have the ATOMIX MP3 and I was very happy with the programm, and I thought that upgrading to the VIRTUAL DJ would have more functions, and that is not happening to be honest I am VERY DESAPOINTED with the program, maybe I go back to the ATOMIX at least is reliable.

My operating system is WINDOWS 98, processor 2MHZ and 512 Mb memory, maybe this info can help.

Best Regards

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 9:41 am
Ho! :(

I am really sad for you! You are the only one that don't have a pdf manual with virtualdj, bad luke :(

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 10:22 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
EvilpartofMe:

You should not talk like this here!

dj paul f:
It's right, a lot of answer are in the manual.

VirtualDJ is not ATOMIXMP3, wait some days, use it, an day after day you will find how much powerfull VirtualDJ is!

Trust me, you will not be DESAPOINTED for a long time :)

1º-Everytime I load a song it interrupts my other playing deck.
It is not normal you are right, make sure you don't have background programs running for nothing.

2º-After analysing a file most of the times I found an (*) in front of the BPM count what is that?
This mean that your song is ok for the automix engine.

3º-What is the shortcut to control the UP and DOWN Volume on each deck.
Create your own shortcut in the option panel.

4º-How can I found the BPM on a new file without analysing it.
Just load it, VDJ will give you a BPM.(must be full loaded, see next anwser)

5º-When I load a file into a deck I only view a little bit of the spctrum is this normal?
You select the memory charge to low (or none), the file is not full loaded. Try to select the memory charge upper.(option panel -> General)

6º-Why everytime that I open the program it tries to make a connection to the INTERNET, this also happens in my ATOMIX.
Connection is for autoupdate, and send charts. Disable these two options(option panel -> General) if you don't wanf VDJ to try to connect.

:)

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 10:48 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Kaleo, under "5º" he probably ment the frequency spectrum, not the whole track waveform.

So about that, Virtual DJ displays only the lowest frequencys that are present in each track. So when you load a song which has bass or drum kicks or smimilar, VDJ displays a freq. spectrum from about 0 to 700 or 800 Hz, if I'm not mistaken. When loading a song without that low frequencies, it shows the lowest present, so you can always "follow the beat" visually.

Regards

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 2:46 pm
I am a new user of Virtual DJ. I can play any songs from any CD. However, I purchased and downloaded songs from Walmart.com and cannot get them to play or analyse. Any ideas? Is this a licensing issue? Thanks for your replies. --Mark

I am using Win XP, 512 MB RAM, Virtual DJ 1.09

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 11:19 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 11:21 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mark0971:

If you are talking about DRM wma,
VirtualDJ cannot read them.

:(

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 11:31 pm
How do I know if it is DRM wma or not? It does have a wma extension. Thanks for the reply!

Posted Sat 24 Apr 04 @ 11:37 pm
Hey Mark,
I also download from Walmart.com. You have to play the song with the windows media player. When you do this, it authorizes the song allowing you to play on the WMP. You will have to use the Windows Media Player to burn to a CD, then feed back that way.

Posted Sun 25 Apr 04 @ 3:14 am
Thank you very much!

Posted Sun 25 Apr 04 @ 7:50 am
I like to see this type of help given (good job) still a good up to date pdf file would be good.

Posted Sun 25 Apr 04 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)