Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mixing videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

2501PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am not completely clear from the info on the site--

with VDJ, can I set up a laptop with an external monitor and then -beatmix- two music videos together, which are displayed on the second monitor? that would be wonderful if I can do that...

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 11:21 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
damne man i wish i could help you on that one but if they are both hooked up correctly and you know what your doing then it should work

Posted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 12:19 am
Yes you can, if you have a good video card. You can beat mix 2 videos just like 2 audio sources. I can send this mix out to all or any of the ten 27" tvs, three 10' projectors, or two 40" plasmas in my club. It's a beautiful thing. You can only do this with a full version.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 8:15 am
do you have a video card for each tv or a card with multi output or some form of signal splitter to output from 1 card to multi tv's ?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 1:20 am
Come out of the s-video from your computer, to the input of the multiplexer (Switcher), which outputs to the TV'. Maybe you don't have s-video output. You may have to use some form of an adapter to get from point a to point b. It doesn't matter if you are going into a TV or a switcher, the cables just have to match. My video card has VGA, DVI, and S-video outputs.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 5:47 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can pick up a 'video distribution amplifier' at Radio Shack for about $50. and that will split your single S-Video output into 4 S-Videos and 4 composites, giving you 8 outputs total. You can then split each of those outputs the same way if needed, and so on. Because it amplifies the signal, you don't lose quality as you would with a simple 'splitter cable.' It will also allow you to distribute a single stereo audio channel the same way.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 4:21 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What if you do nopt have an S-Video on your laptop.....can yoiu use USB somehow??

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 7:50 pm
No, your card must support dual output. What output connections are on your video card? If you can connect another monitor to your laptop, you should be in good shape.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 10:31 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
video output is disabled in the trial version

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 11:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)