Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: need help with voiceover

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lmendezHome userMember since 2005
Hello Everyone,

I haven't purchased this software yet but wanted to find out if it was possible to do the following.

I teach dance lessons and would like to mix a voiceover into my songs to help my students learn the beats. For example, I would like to add a voice over counting the 8 beats of the song:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
4 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
and so on

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 5:50 am
It is possible with other software, but should also be possible with VDJ assuming you plug out to a mixer that has a mic in. Then you can use the "record" feature while the file (assuming an MP3 here) is playing. Then you would just do you count off where you wanted it.

In the settings you'd record the LINE IN. This would be the LINE OUT on your mixer.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 9:19 am
lmendezHome userMember since 2005
Do you know what other software might work?

I tried playing with a demo of DJMixStation. It seems rather difficult to use..I'm not very tech savvy.

Is there any other software that can break down a song into beats, a separate voice channels and also allowing editing? And still be relatively easy to use?

Thanks again!

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 12:15 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you should be able to do it using the samples section. all you need is a cheep computer mic to record a voice over of your 12345678, 2345678... (make sure it is spoken at a steady tempo) to a wav file and then load it in as a loop in the samples section & it should automatically be matched to the beat of any song you want to play

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 12:21 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Exactly like djzero said. Just record yourself saying these words while listening to certain song, than load that waveform into VDj and save it as a permanent loop which will be always available for each song with the tempo always match to that track.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 2:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)