Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My first Setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Let me know what you think of it. I know it's not much but I wanted to get out of the basement and hit the clubs as fast as possible. I'm gonna upgrade to a better battle style coffin later. I'm kinda broke now. Any criticism is allowed. It's only gonna make me better. Check out my blog.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 9:30 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its pretty nice man

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 12:30 am
if your looking to get a better case later on I would recommend getting an ATA flight case from Odyssey. Or one that would be built with that quality. They will last a lifetime and are great to take on the road.

Another suggestion would be to make sure you have wheels on 1 side so that transportation is MUCH easier.

besides that its a great start man. nice setup

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 2:28 am
Yeah i'm definetely going for Odyssey FRBM10W. I saw one on 123dj.com for $199. I don't know if it has wheels though. tHnx.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 2:36 am
i think its pretty cool :) good work

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 1:37 pm
That's a pretty good model "FRBM10W" One thing to do though since they don't advertise the wheels is ask them if you can get some wheels installed. They only cost about 10-20$ extra but definatelly worth it. Without the wheels you need a friend to help you carry it around.

Best Regards and Have a happy holliday

DJ White Devil

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 7:03 pm
Good job. Much better than my first system...

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 12:10 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very nice.... straightforward and to the point ;)

If you are looking for a new coffin though, you might be interested in the SKB BattleCruiser.
It is a new take on the coffin idea, and is working out well for me. It is especially well suited for anyone that upgrades or reconfigures often (like myself.) It's basically a flat velcro board with a cover that hold everything down when closed. It has good handles on 3 sides, has wheels, is very durable, and is relatively light (at least compared to wood.)

Posted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 6:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)