Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Probably the most overlooked feature of Virtual DJ, with great possibilies... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hehe... i was just joking paul ;)

If you think pinky tcv works better with vdj, than the original vdj tcv, i would love to see a sample of that :)

did not even know pinky vinyls worked with vdj ;) guess its the VST plugin that makes that possible

Anyways, was just joking with u... ;) u are free to express what every you want...

And if its true that pinky works better for vdj, then it for sure was constructive.. :)

sorry if my joke was taken bad :)

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 2:39 pm
maybe you could do a comparison?

would be interesting to see.... sorry for my fast remark, but VST supporting TCV in host apps sounds a bit interesting :)

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 2:52 pm
That's OK.. you bite and I bite back you know. ;)

The biggest thing is VDJ TCV is rather basic, in fact much like, but still simpler, then FinalScratch v1 TC.. msPinky is more robust, has tracking in both directions (VDK TCV only tracks forward and has 'just velocity info in reverse) and there's some interesting filter options and stuff like mute on reverse (no need for the crossfader when scratching).

I hope to find some time to do something this week.. but it is real busy right now..

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 7:35 pm
sounds interesting :)

and you where right to bite me back ;) hehe...

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:24 pm
mute reverse is possible with vdj also by the way :) just thought i should mention

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 9:23 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whilst on the subject of timecode it would be interesting to see a comparison of VDJ's timecoded CD's with it's competitors Serato etc.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 9:32 pm
Since Im a professional software developer, not a DJ, this point may not be known (or at least not widely know)

If you have a laptop with an additional video out, or if you use a desktop then you really REALLY want to get a second monitor/display. (I have 3) A second monitor allows you the room for all those plug ins and additional information without having to move off VDJ. The prices of an additional monitor (especially if you go CRT) are quite low and a secondary video card can be had for $25.

Food for thought.

Peace,
James Rose

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 3:53 am
I've been thinking of making something like that for my club...

One monitor for both decks...
and one monitor for brownser (mp3 file database)...
(make 2 different vdj skins, and run 2 instances of Virtual DJ)

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 3:33 pm
Check out the latest mix session pic:
[http://www.dandgrecords.com/dandg_at_work_2.jpg]

D&G Records.
Karachi, Pakistan.
[www.dandgrecords.com]
[http://www.geocities.com/dandgrec222]

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 11:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)