Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Playlists

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello guys!
Can anybody tell me how to make a playlist?
I know that it isn't just to chose some songs and play them...
It has to do with genere, bpm and some other things i don't know...
Learn me plzz ;)

Maybe you know a internetsite where it already is playlists, wich maybe I can follow (if I got all the song :p )

Thanx

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 3:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
have you edited the ID3 Tag of your mp3s? For example there are several ways to sort and create a playlist by genre if genre is available in ALL your songs. If not, how are your songs sorted (by folders?..and how).
We need a few details in order to lead you do the less actions.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 5:16 pm

Make sure you lock your taskbar so you can see your playlist window no the side. Never mind the sidebar (new). Drag a group of songs you would like (provided you have already search your database) to the right and click the save button. You can rename it later also.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 6:50 pm
I have sorted them by folders... One for dance/trance/techno, one for Rap/hiphop/Rn'B/(Reagge), one for Asian music, one for sad songs and one for all the other songs...

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 11:41 pm
i guess you have not ID3Tags in your mp3s, so the only way is to drag and drop in the right playlist window as vantinedj said before.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 1:31 am
ohoh.. I did not mean a playlist like that... maybe I explained wrong..

I meant a playlist for wich songs you are going to play on a club and so...

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 6:47 pm
Songs that you are going to play in the club?. It's still a playlist to me. I don't see the difference. I make playlists according to genre, but appart from these i usually create a separate list every month (allmost) named like Fav(orite)12(month)06(year). I keep them not in C:\ProgramFiles\VirtualDJ\Playlists but where my music is saved. I consider them as precious as my music files.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 12:32 am
okey, thanx for all help djdad.. :)

Posted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)