Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: First Dj setup...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, im looking at using TCVs.. and am on a very tight budget ($50 aus pocket money a month). I was looking at getting two Stanton T60 direct drive TTs for $289 ea, a Behringer DJX400 mixer, Behringer HPX2000 headphones, TCVs and of course everyones favourite Virtual DJ ;).
I was told not to worry about wether the TTs are direct drive or belt driven if theyre your first, but then again, a Numark TT1610 Turntable cost $229.. So i think i'll stick with the Stantons.
Could any one let me know two things.. 1) Will this setup all work with VDJ? be able to conect mixer to computer etc..
and 2) Is this a good setup, if not could you recomend any alternatives in teh same price range?

Thanks guys,
Sean.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 2:40 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i don't know the stanton turntables very well...good cartridges though. i have the numark tt500's and are very happy w/them. you def need direct drive. you won't be able to reach your potential with belt driven. mistake i made at a young age. the 500's are not much more then the stantons...but again i haven't tried the stantons so I can't say.. I heard the Str-80's got good reviews. don't know the mixer either. behringer cheap stuff get's bad reviews mostly...there good stuff is good though. don't worry about headphones as a beginner...or experienced :) pro maybe

the setup will work no problem, with the right soundcard. what about the numark 200's? did you think about them? not sure about the stanton's or you currency translation. i paid close to that for the 500's

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:17 am
Well I can honestly say that behringer are the best bang for the buck. I currently have a behringer VMX300 mixer as a back up and had that for nearly 5 years. Its still working great although the crossfader is a little lose now (stripped screw holders under the faceplate) But still works and no bleeding at all!!

at the time I had paid 400$ and was well worth the cash. Pretty reliable although definatelly not pro stock. Can sure help you on getting started however :D

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 7:48 am
Alrite thanks for that. Yeah i checked out the Numark 200's, but theyre $400. Look pretty cool though. This may sound like a very obvious question but i would only need one TCV for each TT wouldn't I?

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 11:08 am
yup yup ! one per tt ! not to mention decient sound card !! the Maya44 internal the way to go but if its tight budget (trust i know) look at the creative sound blaster live with ASIO driver a must you can get that from ASIO4ALL,. mmmmmm other than that you pretty sorted !! how much more would the Stanton T60 's be ?? cause they have the reset button so if its off you can reset quik and easy!!

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:39 pm
my bad my bad !!! its the STANTON T80 with the pitch reset and 3 speed play back (although what you gonna do at 75 rpm ??? who knows??)

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:47 pm
only thing missing would be an amp / speakers !! cheap option, your bedroom hifi as long as it has aux input, mobility wise look at active speakers(built-in amps) nice range is the behringer 10''/12'' for bigger sound eather way they kick and they easy to set up easy to move about. i have 2 old 15'' h2o no names and a old 600w amp also no name brand works very well but moving it arond a hassel !!

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:56 pm
PS sean, thanks for the jesture about the licence thing but sort out yourself first please i could not bear it if you sold yourself short on decient equipment for me!! thank you thank you but it would make me happier to see you on a decient TT first time round!!

spinn spinn

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 2:01 pm
Well spider as far as the 78 rpms go its for those of us who still have those really old 78 speed records. I have quite a few in my collection and I can rip them since my TTs support the 78 rpms.

Besides that its great if you want to make a chipmunk remix lol

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:46 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well, I chosed Stanton T 80... I havn't recived them yet and I have never tried them.. The only thing I did was to watch some pictures of it, fall in love, check the functions and buy.. :D (Belive me, I got a tight budget too...)
actually I bought Stanton Dj Lab 3...
In Stanton Dj Lab 2 U got the T 60 turntables... take a look at that :)

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 7:38 pm
Alrite.. and i spose Christmas is coming up soon too. I checked out the Stanton DJLab.2, looks good, has all the right stuff, BUT $750, and at $50 a month, of the top of my head thats... 15 months. Hmm. Well i will be old enough to get a part time job July 2006. So at the moment i think i need to sort out witch TTs i want.. (love the Stantons at the moment), figure out the rest of the gear and get my money in order.

2 T80s would be awsome, but i simply can't afford that at this stage.

Thanks for that guys.

P.S Spider, I want to do my bit to help.. but i might not put as much money as other members..

Posted Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 9:25 am
NO M8 !!, tell you what !! make you a deal! mix me a track and that will be one of the firts i play!! upload it and ill get it !

get your equip sorted!!

Posted Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 9:49 am
Ok spider.. But keep in mind that if i had the money i'd help. So how do i upload a mix? I looked in my blog to see if i could upload a file, but you can only put images in...

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 1:32 am

Posted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 6:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)