Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Version - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

>I assume you can control the jog wheels in the same way (Pitch bend or Scratch if 'shifted').

I'm hoping to get it to function like most scratch CD players, so that it fine pitch bends when playing and scratch cues when paused (The default mapping may already do this.)

>What would be fantastic is one button to switch been pitch bend and scratch mode (rather than holding
>down shift) - like the cdj-1000's button to switch between Vinyl and CDJ mode.

I'll be looking to add the ability to toggle between the above play mode and always scratch (Similar to SHIFT+scratch in my MIDI mappings.)

Also, I'll probably keep CP+jog for temporary hold and scratch.

>Ability to move up/down record case. (Think you already have that on the midi mapping)

This is already in the MIDI mapping and will be added to plugin (It's in the defaul VDJ native support too, but the very useful SHIFT +/- 10 is missing.) I'm also hoping to do browsing up/down via the jogwheel too.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 6:05 pm
Dac, Xp10, Hercules etc are fully mappable now :) through SDK ....

all you need is to make a plugin ;)

And midi code have been updated for better functionality ...... hopefully there will be many good controller plugins made soon by our users ;)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 6:08 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
jpboggis/Nickgoodman,

The scratch feature seems to work better now with Native support. If Jpboggis can make a plug in where the Cue button is used as STOP rather than cue that would be great. With your original midi mapper I was always setting a new cue point with the way it was mapped. I rather have it stop and take me to all my cue points when I press down on the button.

Also, when I try to download the mapper it comes in text format. How do I make it an SDK?.

where can I find out how to make an SDK. Maybe I can work on it this afternoon. I don't have the background but I figure things out pretty quickly.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 6:50 pm

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 7:20 pm
@dj-in-norway:
I only miss the sdk for the d-vinyl 2020. I would like to have this, just to make the steps smaller for the pitch bend buttons and jog bend. The other buttons are perfectly mapped.
Will this be available in the future?
Ewout

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 7:27 pm
@bmac16:

I am planning to use cue_stop as per my MIDI shortcuts, but I will add the ability to switch it between this and stop (Via combination of buttons.)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 7:29 pm
@superstorm

I will ask Dev Team for SDK for that too

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 8:11 pm
dj-in-norway:
You're one of the best! Many thanks in advance.
Ewout

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 8:37 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
works great... just didn't find out about dmx jet... have been nosing around about USB DMX controllers and all... please share experiences about this (this beats the winamp controller for regular lights ;=) ).

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 9:59 pm

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 10:03 pm
Incredible. The xp10 "swap" feature still does nothing and still is not fixed in 3.2. How long ago did I report this? I see we have all kinds of new features and video transitions though.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:00 pm
@anewsome

I've brought it up for Dev Team attention again. It's probably just been forgotten...

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:11 pm
Obviously the dev team doesn't do 20 gigs a month where they up setting up and breaking down gear every time. Of all the hard problems to fix like sound quality and such, I would think this would seriously be about an hour of some developer's time to fix. I'm gonna say it was brought up in version 2.06. Maybe someone will tell me that I didn't report the bug the right way or something. I'll take that. Sometimes I get busy *working* that I don't have time to go through the process but I honestly believed it when they said the dev team actually reads these forums.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:19 pm
Also, is it too hard for the developers to map the DAC-3 like they did the XP-10 in the remote control settings?. Having the source code is good if you have programming skills but if your just a working DJ who just wants to customize a piece of hardware to work with this amazing software it gets a little frustrating. I spent 4 hours trying to make a .DLL and I haven't gotten close. Now I have to rely on others with their own taste of settings to come up with a plug in. I waited this long for the update thinking they would do the same thing they did with the XP-10's and they didn't. A little frustrating

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:34 pm
Someone just noticed that the xp10 swap bug was reported well over a year ago, and about 2 months before I had even become a VDJ user. This bug reminds me of the "loop beyond end of track" bug that was reported so long ago, and went so long without being fixed (while they added tons of new features and video). Well at least that one got fixed though :-)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 12:25 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
@bmac16:
In order to offer a powerful interface for the djconsole and dac3, we chose to use a dll and not just a simple mapper dialog like for the xp10s (xp10 doesn't have display and leds, and the mapper doesn't let you use mode-toggle buttons for example).
I can understand it's frustrating to have to wait a few more days before having your perfect dac3 mapper, but be assured that some users will issue ones that will fit your need much closer than if we had made a limited mapper dialog.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:49 am
I hope so. One thing I'll say about this community is it's always been very helpful.

Hopefully they'll be a few versions of the DAC3 .DLL available to choose from.

I really enjoy this software package and I want to insure we get the maximum value out of the tool. I don't want to sound like a complainer. I hate it when I see users whine about the updates or the new features that they want that haven't been released yet.

You guys (Developers) are doing an excellent job. I commend you!

Can I get some more stars :)

Keep it going!

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 2:47 am
@dev staff:

I'm trying to write an improved DAC-3 mapper (Based on my MIDI configuration), but I'm currently stuck due to the fact that I cannot get it to successfully work with VDJ.

I can compile your SDK OK now in Dev-C++ having fixed a number of errors that were stopping it from compiling (Mainly use of IntToStrRelative with a single argument and const char vs char typecasting), but VDJ crashes on startup when using the resulting DLL.

I expect I might be doing something wrong somewhere (DLL not compiled correclty, etc.?) The modified code can viewed at http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj/code

Any pointers on how to get it to load in VDJ successfully would be a great help, so I can get to work on my mapper.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 2:51 am
Hmmm.. when I'm next in the office (tomorrow) I can try compliling it using c#..net,visual studio 2003 - Might be worth a try.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:35 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
a quick look at your dll shows that your procedures are not compiled using thiscall calling convention.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:55 pm
94%