Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: dj console mixer panel crashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, everytime the mixer panel (the alien head icon) tries to load it crashes, as a result I can't switch modes from 5.1 to dj has anyone else had this problem? I tried it on both of my computers and have the same result, I even done a clean install of xp pro sp1, I have dx9 installed, still the same problem. Does anyone know of somewhere I can download the old version of the mixer prog to see if that would work, I have version 030. BTW the console hardware functions fine apart from I cannot cue because the headphones out plays the same as the main out, I think that's because I can't switch on DJ mode. Please help me, the hercules support team, freindly and cheery as they are, can't offer any ideas or even send me the old version of this to try.

Posted Mon 12 Apr 04 @ 2:17 pm
try plugging your console into another usb-port, and update your windows (windows update). get all the latest patches/hotfixez especially the USB-hotfix.

if that doesn't solve your problem after installing on a fresh new Windows XP install... shoot me ;)

Posted Tue 13 Apr 04 @ 8:01 am
Thanks for replying, but it looks like I might have to shoot you ,sorry ;)..
I already done all that and no luck. It's weird because the mixer prog crashes even when the console is not plugged in! , and it does it on both of my computers!! tottally diffrnt hardware, os, etc. looks like I'll just have to wait and see if hercules bring out updated drivers, till then I can only imagine all the fun everyone who's got their console is having!
cest la vie, andd thanx anyway.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 12:00 am
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The alien was laughing at my pheeble attempts to start it too, resistance is futile and all that...
--------------------------------

Joke aside - Just had this problem some weeks ago, I really gave up - then when I least expected it the original cd turned up, i installed the older version of controlpanel/software and it worked! This was on a below par 750Mhz laptop with Win98, had tried console on internal usb1.1 controller and two usb 2.0 pcmcia cards with no luck.

Maybe i can upload the first version (not available on hercules' ftp afaik) to drivers.com or somethin' - or I can mail it to you directly.. Guess you have the cd somewhere too 'ey?

File is 7.7MB
Bet you KNOW you have to have DirectX 9 installed first..

/Lars

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 8:55 pm
Ha!
Oh you have no idea how happy I would be to receive the old drivers from you. I had completely given up getting this thing working properly. You can try e-mailing them to me if you want, dunno the maximum size I'm allowed but please give it a go!!.
my email is

no email here !!

obviously remove **nospam** from the above.
the cd I got with the console has the same driver version as you get on the web site (030). I asked herculees tech support for the old version but they couldn't help.
I eagerly await you email.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry buntycawz no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 2:27 pm
Oh well looks like I'm not allowed to post my email here.perhaps you can upload them to drivers.com like you suggest.
I can't thank you enough for your help lars.
cheerz BC

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 2:50 pm
Try to set your display to 800x600 16bit

Posted Fri 07 May 04 @ 1:14 am
DJOliveHome userMember since 2004
Hi,

It seems that the control panel crash when your graphics card is in 24bits. Try 32 bits or 16 bits.

Posted Fri 07 May 04 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)