Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ETV Network Videos Don't Play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just ripped an ETV Network DVD, and they won't load into the players. When I check the file path, it sez that it is impossible to open with this video decoder. I ripped these the same way I ripped my other videos, VOB. Other DVDs that I ripped to the same folder from Promoonly, the same night play fine. They do play in the Power DVD software. What's my next move?

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 9:52 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Rick,
I am going to be ripping some ETV discs tonight, I will check this out and post back.
Sounds odd, not many people have ETV discs which is why it hasn't been a problem I suspect.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 12:56 pm
I have no ETV videos but i have had better luck with windows media player as the selected choice for the applicable extension than the built in video decoder. i would try a few different codecs with WMP until you find one that works well.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 11:05 pm
I have over 500 videos from Promoonly, VMS, and TM Century. They all play perfectly in VDJ. I am not sure I understand your suggestion. It would seem there is something with the ETV dvd's, and not the codecs, since everybody else gets along just fine. However, I don't know jack, that's why i'm here.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 8:32 am
C'mon you guys, help a brother out.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 4:59 am
Rick,
I tried one this morning.
Same results as you got, it won't even analyze the file.
Will have to work on that some to figure it out.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 5:12 pm
It's sound issues causing the problem, need to convert using this program.
http://www.imtoo.com/audio-encoder.html

Details scetchy right now, but we will all know soon how to handle this problem.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 8:28 pm
Thanks for your research. This is all Greek to me, so I will wait to see what's next. Thanks again.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 2:30 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Any luck with the ETV DVD's?. I just bought a bunch of them off of Ebay and I can't use them in Virtual DJ. I can view them on my DVD player on my PC but VDJ doesn't recognize them.

Thanks

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 3:54 am
I am still waiting for more direction. I do not have many of these, so I am not to crazy.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 4:22 am
Well I hope someone will be able to help us out. It doesn't make much sense that Promo Only, TM Century and other DVD's work but ETV doesn't

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 4:39 am
lol...check the "Playing DVDs" thread and you might find something that will help. I'm working on a similar problem right now

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:00 am
I figured it out. I downloaded the DIVIX Codex and used Super DVD Ripper and BAM!!!. I'm able to use ETV DVD's with VDJ.

I made the DVD Videos AVI's through Super DVD and it now works.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:26 pm
good to hear... thanx for the feedback... and happy mixing :)

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:47 pm
etv's work fine for me in mpeg1

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:08 pm
Another question. I like to keep my videos as VOB's which Super DVD ripper doesn't do. The quality of the ETV video AVI's are not up to my standard. Any reason why Super DVD Ripper can get the videos to work for VDJ but Smart Ripper and VDJ's own DVD Ripper cannot?. Quality of video means alot to me. All help would be appreciated

Posted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 9:05 pm
I guess i'll have to wait for VDJ to remedy this, since I also use VOB, and like the quality. I have ripped 26 ETV's videos, and will can live without them, as I am at the moment.

Posted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 7:45 am
A Man and his music,

I just figured it out. Super DVD Ripper does rip to MPEG 2 or 1. The video quality looks good. I'm currently ripping all of my ETV videos to MPEG 2.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 3:48 pm
Can I get a link to this Super DVD Ripper?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)