Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound blaster live probs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi there i`m using a sb live external soundcard but i cant get the decks to come thru diffrent channels to conect to my external mixer, the left and the right deck always come through the front input of the soundcard no matter how i set it up in the soundcard menu, what i want to do is set it up so as the left deck is coming thru the front output on the sound card and the right deck thru the rear output, any ideas, this is really doing my head in, all help much appreciated

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Did you have set up your sound card configuration using Creative or Windows tools?

In VDJ go to the "'?"->Soundcards Config. In there Select "Soundcard 3D or 4.1" and "Speaker and Mixer" Check the box for 3D in 4.1 souncard OR Check 5.1 if you have a 5.1 card (or 6.1 or 7.1 if you have this cards instead).

Your Sound card must be configurated in 4.1 or 5.1 to work with this configuration. In Windows XP go to:
Control Panel->Sound and Audio Devices->Speaker Configuration->Advanced Configuration->Speaker Configuration->5.1.

You could do this also with the Creative Volume Control in your task bar and with a rght click select "Speaker Configuration" and in there select 5.1.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:13 pm
tryed that acw still the same i`m pullin my hair out here probs something stupid

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:28 pm
With Sound Blaster you must use the 5.1 (or 7.1 or 6.1) checkbox of VDJ (in soundcards config Soundcard and Mixer) because in 3D don't work at all.

Did you can use this soundcard with headphones?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:34 pm
i cant see any 5.1 check boxes in the soundcard config?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:44 pm
Look at my blog, I have a picture in there

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:46 pm
yes that is how i have it set up but it`s still the same

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:53 pm

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:03 am
yes that is the sound card, i put in drivers but i dont think i put in any software :-( do you know where i can down load the software

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:11 am

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:15 am
thanks acw that seems to be it now, looks like i never installed any software just the drivers, told you it would be something simple, thanks again for your help it`s much appreciated

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:32 am
Anytime, ;-)

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:35 am
a smile breaks on my face everytime a problem is solved..

after a while in this forum i had to go see the doctor because my lips are touching my ears..

GOOD ON VDJs

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 11:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)