Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any HELP with using ITUNES music ????? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

johnnybHome userMember since 2005
Any help using the ITUNES Mp4s with virtual dj without converting all those songs 1 by 1 ?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:54 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yup.
Forget Itunes (and Napster, and all the other services that don't sell MP3s).

For commercial songs, buy them here, in mp3 format: www.allofmp3.com

For mp3 songs that cater specifically to DJs, check out my list of stores here: www.djraz.com/stores.html

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:00 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I wouldn't say forget it. They have a great selection. There is also a program that I use regularly that converts there format to mp3. Let's hope it is allowed to stay. I hate DRM!! The program is J-hymn and you can find it if you google hymn project. It scares you by setting off your virus protection but I have never had any problems. It also asks you if you want to contact i-tunes for your fairkeys...say yes. It works like a charm. I've been using it for about 6 months with no problem.

If you're scared (which I usually am by the way) you can burn the songs to a cd and rip back to vdj.

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 3:34 am
ITUNES? talking about Ipods, there is an awesome Ipod mixer out or coming out soon!!!! you can see one at www.djbasement.com by going to the dj mixers section. holy dooley its one mad looking thing!!!!

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 8:44 am
yeah! I saw it in Mixmag. it looks so awsome. any idea when it's coming out or for how much (AUS)?
i want one!

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 9:03 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Are you kidding me?... You need 2 iPods ($300 each) and the mixer... Is better to get a $300GB external disk ($120 + $ 35 ext case) and buy VDJ ($149).

Posted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 8:29 pm
point seen. i don't have an ipod.. let alone the money to buy two

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 2:54 am
DJ Seany its about $695, and Im glad im not the only one that thought it looked awesome!

haha yeah acw dj.... but we can dream to have something like that.
but then again, why bother when VDJ can kick butt anyway!

anyway, who would have 2 Ipods? :)

DJ Turbo

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 8:41 am
lol, the mixer itself is a good price.. but like you said turbo, who would have two ipods?? ah well, doesn't hurt to look. any one know if Numark make a mixer that looks the same as the ipod one, without the Ipods?
and thanks for showing me that site, its great. another good one if youre in Australia is the melbourne based www.storedj.com they even have a shop somewhere in melbourne city.. but i'm from Brissy
cheers

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 10:52 am
Brizzy eh? im from the good ol' Snowy Mountians.
damn everything good that has to do with DJing seems to be in Melbourne!!!!!

what do you mean? CD kinda mixers or just mixers?

DJ Turbo

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 10:57 am
yeah! im not eighteen yet, and all the underage electronic music things are in melbourne! oh well. Snowy Mountains, nice.

can you use a mixer that you would normaly use with turntables and vinyl for cding?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 12:24 pm
im under 18 too! it really sucks. ive still got 4 years to wait before nightclubs and partys!!!! :(

i think you can, if it is a normal mixer, not like a scratch-style mixer or something.a scratch style mixer might be fine, i dunnoow, im not a whiz at CD mixing.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 1:53 am
is that a co-incidence or what!! ive still got 4 years as well.
yea im looking at getting a Numark scratch style mixer, coz you can pick em up for around $150
i can't get any work as a DJ just yet, so i'm just a 'bedroom DJ', i just make up compilations for me an my friends..

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 1:59 am
doesnt it just suck being so young?!?!?! what music you like?
i get payed out at school because im into trance and stuff... they call it techno sh*t lol. we will see who's laughing when im the one getting payed to be in a nightclub and they have to pay to get in!

Mwahahahahaaaa!

if your using VDJ why not get one or two VDJ XP10's and/or a VDJ mixtable? you have to admit, they are petty darn cool! thats what im leaning toward getting.

DJ Turbo

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:52 am
yea it realy sucks. I LOVE TRANCE! specicialy PVD. but ive got a few friends who are realy into it aswell, and support me heaps with DJing...
yea ill have to admit the XP10s do look cool, but 299 euros = $470 so yea..
not getting paid enough tho.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 3:30 am
PVD?

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 9:49 am
whoops, pressed the wrong button there. PVD? what's that? the only thing i can think of that it may be is Paul Van Dyke. lol i could be right.....
$470? jeez.... i didnt think they were that expensive... well, what can i say.... i suck at Commerce. :)

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 9:54 am
dj seany69 for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 9:57 am
hmm.. there isn't anything in there nasty???

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 9:58 am
oh dear DJ Seany.... what did you do this time! lol

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 10:49 am
83%