Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Disabling some features

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would like to kill some of the buttons on the skin I am using.
During a recent gig I accidentally clicked the beatmatch or loop buttons (using a touch pad) resulting in unwanted effects, therefore I would like to disable the command behind certain buttons - how can I do this????
Thanks
Craig

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 6:48 pm
You have to find the commands in the associated .XML file for the skin and remove them from the .XML. Not recommended if you are not inclined... but it can be done. (.XML is located inside the .ZIP file of the skin)

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 11:06 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can edit the xml file with the notepad for example. It is very easy but you must remember add the file to .zip when you finish it. Thank you.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 12:18 am
And don't forget to make a backup of the files before editing. If something goes wrong or isn't working anymore you are able to restore the files.
Ewout

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:39 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you would probably be better off dissabling the single slick with touchpad tap feature of your touchpad as this is what causes accidental clicking when your trying to move accross the screen with multiple strokes.

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 2:59 am
Instead of removing the lines of code, it is better and safer to "comment" the lines out.

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 4:09 am
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks guys.
Unfortunately I can't find out how to disable the click selection on my touchpad. This is a newly purchased mini keyboard with touchpad. No software came with it, so I'm stuck at the moment.

What do you mean by "comment" the lines out?
Do you mean insert the text "comment" before the line of command.
Thanks again.
Craig

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 9:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)