Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Ultimate CD player

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just got off the phone with Numark about this Item, it will ship early December. Although this is going to be ultimate cd player it will only be for the SERIOUS Dj's. Estimated retail price US $1899.

The Numark HDX is the world’s first and only tabletop HD/CD/MP3 player. With an ultrahigh
torque motorized 12” platter, the HDX utilizes a real vinyl record for the ultimate vinyl feel. Now you can dramatically reduce the weight of the music you transport, and increase the volume and variety of your library.

Styled after Numark’s highly successful CDX player, the new HDX is the most advanced DJ media player available. Complete with an onboard hard drive, USB 2.0 ports, and an 8x CD reader, the HDX is the perfect tool for professional and aspiring performing DJs, mobile DJs, producers and club installers.

The HDX includes a removable 80 GB hard drive supporting MP3, WMA, and WAV media formats. The unit’s enhanced search capabilities facilitate easy file location by artist, album, genre, track, plus BPM. With high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity, you now have full access to the hard drive for both Mac and PC,.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 11:08 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Couldn't find any info on Numark's website... where can we get more info and possibly view pictures???
I've been looking at the Denon DN-S3500 but now may have to reconsider.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 11:49 pm
Picture could be found here

http://www.skratchworx.com/news/comments.php4?id=342

Played with this unit on Plasa 2005. It is an amazing unit. They also solved some problems from the current cdx.
It is really vinyl feel. Searching your drive (80G) is also easy, by song name, by artist, by bpm, or you can make playlists.
I forgot to ask if you could connect 2 players together and then share the disks (160G) This would be a nice option.
Ewout

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 11:50 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
$1899 for each unit???? $3798 for 2 Wow, I don't think this hardware worth this money, for the options we have now...

If the HD fails, you couldn't use the CD-players (Like having a PC without the PC benefits), The HD it's a notebook type HD (Is smaller and slowest than actual external HD)...

If I buy now a powerful notebook+external soundcard+ 2 dennon DNS5000+VDJ+External 400GB HD, I'm going to spend less than $3798 ($3750 aprox)

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 12:06 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 8:38 am
THIS IS TOO MUCH money ONLY PLAY CDS NO DVD i don't think so,why cd player makers still makeing just cd players i can't say when last i saw a cd burner on the web.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 4:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
even at $700 each it not worth it, why need that when any deck plus hard drive/laptop and VDJ would kick that thing. The funy part of digital djing is that i think it opened a real door, you don't need 1200's, you don't need top notch gear anymore, as long as you software is stable and your latency is good, almost any controller is great, with the exception of a nice fader for scratch. if you ask me numark just missed the bus, built in stuff is nice but please if that HD crashes what good is it inside? and how big is it? i much rather have 3 external HD's i can swap out and change at the drop of a hat. and all these decks now have built in effects, again VDJ can have a lot more effects then that deck anyday.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 4:59 pm
I think we will eventually see hardware manufacturers go toward more intelligent systems, meaning systems that use an operating system like Windows, but more of a dedicated piece of hardware. Sort of a PC which only function is running a package like vDJ.

I think one of the reasons the H/W manufacturers still stick with the current model is for the "DJ IMAGE" which is what prevents many skeptics from embracing Computer DJs.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 11:22 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
$639 is near a decent price. Like Listen2 said, I don't think is a good option. Without the HD this device don't work. Is like a PC without the PC beneficts.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)