Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: In Case You Don't Know Me..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 2:07 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i never heard of him but i'm a US dude, but chicks seems to dig him

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 2:35 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
so u r bagpuss from BBC..?

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 2:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Nice Bagpuss, so your a cat white and rose???... :-)

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 2:59 pm
Yes, my name was just taken from this character, just wanted to show you to clear things up a little bit :).

Most people here have probably never heard of Bagpuss.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 3:02 pm
I'm one of them, never heard it before. Well so you are the preferred women's toy?, lucky you! ;-)

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 3:41 pm
hehe - Bagpuss was a male, and popular amoungst people of both sexes.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 3:55 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Strangely, I did fondly remember that old show when I first saw your nickname, even though I live in the US and it was certainly not nearly as popular here as it likely was in the UK.
Even stranger, when I saw that name, I went to look at your blog to see if there was any mention of that character, and saw that your first and last name are the same as mine. Maybe you are my evil twin... I would say "or vice-versa" except that you have the goatee and I don't ;)

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 10:33 pm
That's really unbelievable Brendan, the surname Ford is quite common (not that common, but common), but "Brendan Ford" is very rare, infact, their are only a few in the UK, if it was "John Smith" I wouldn't be surprised, but that is quite an amazing thing to share, a name, that is far from common, and on the same small, online community, what are the chances of that?, 1 in a billion?.

Anyway, i'm hoping your middle name isn't Christopher????, If it is.., then theirs not enough room in this town for the both of us :).

@ Brendan Ford, From Brendan Ford.

p.s I haven't anything about Bagpuss, but I've used him for my pic as of now, too look a bit more authentic :).

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 11:53 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Middle name isn't Christopher, it's Charles. That would have been too coincidental.
Does give us the same initials though.

Anyway, glad to see the picture of the original Bagpuss in your blog. That should clear up some misconceptions people might have as to your name. I wonder what people think when they hear 'Bagpuss' but aren't familiar with the show? I would guess most might think it's some new type of contraceptive device ;)

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 3:41 pm
So Finally...

Brendan Christopher Ford meet Brendan Charles Ford... ;-)

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 12:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)