Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Duel play list

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think they need to add a duel play list so each player has it's own play list. Also have it drop down instead of from the side over the top of the data base.Also automatic Dj so you can take a break when you get tired.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 1:27 am
Like the idea of a dual playlist but think one should be for mp3's that on auto feeds both deck's then another for karaoke songs that when the time is right you move that song onto the appropriate deck!!

Also think that if a song has not been played it should return to the top of the playlist.......

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 9:10 pm
Yeah thats good idea, I tried to suggest something like that a while ao but I don't think anyone else noticed. I've never really seen a need for 2 seperate mp3 playlists, I imagine it to be confusing...but I like the idea of a seperate list for karaoke tracks, where you could add the singers name - in the future this could be part of a next singer screen.

Ross.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 12:33 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
That is one of the biggest complaints about Tricersoft Elite.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 4:35 pm
I own and still use Tricerasoft Swift Ultralite for Karaoke only shows.

Almost bought Elite, the only reason I didnt was because of the 2 playlists...it sucks.

What I would love to see in VDJ though is a Karaoke list...if you double click a Karaoke track (CDG) it is moved to a karaoke playlist which could slide in and out of the side of the screen (like the other parts do) although there has to be a part always visible that tells you you still have karaoke tracks to get through, possibly even a numerical value as well.
When you double click on the Karaoke file it would be nice if it asked you the singers name and key change if necessary although this could be an option to turn on and off.
It would be beneficial if it had it's own audio player...as soon as you start a track on it it goes to those graphics on main out. This way I'd still have my 2 decks available to setup my next mix and Karaoke can come off another audio output into my mixer.

It would be really handy if you could set media groups as a n option in VDJ config and have full icon sset in different colours...I could select mp3, wma, wav as audio and they appear as one colour in DB then .cdg as Karaoke which will appear another colour and finally .mpg, .vob etc as video and they appear as another colour so you can tell straight away.

When we get close with this I'll stop using swift and all my hardware will be changed over to VDJ...which will have truly massive benefits.

Ross.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 6:07 am
Elite is actually a pretty good program Ross.
When I was a frequent flyer, I made a habit of just using one playlist.
But then I found myself using one for my regular play and one for requests which had it's advantages as requests never got buried.

The media is color coded already if you look to the left of the tag info.

The next singer screen, although a nice feature, is easily overcome as you have to make an anouncement anyway. As I search and load mp3+g tracks I keep the request slips in sequence so I know who to introduce and the track title.

It's a little rough around the edges still, but VDJ is going to get better with time.
There are other priorities also as you know.

Another tip, take your karaoke folder and select, right click and show all.
Then load them all into a waitlist.
Save the waitlist as Karaoke.
Go back and right click on the original Karaoke folder and select "remove from search".
This will eliminate karaoke files from the database search which will unclog the results when doing just audio or video.
When you want so search a karaoke file, select the playlist and search and load from there.
Works great and organizes things much better.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 12:22 pm
Hey Rick just want to clear up I wasn' slating Tricerasoft there...I think there software is great too. I still use Ultralite at least twice a week and have had it since Version 1. There are certainly a lot of improvements and added features in Elite that I could use I just didn't like the idea of working from 2 seperate playlists so I chose VDJ to DJ and would take Ultralite on another PC if I needed it but now (well for a while) we have karaoke in VDJ so hopefully soon I will have no need to take 2 PC's.

Yeah I had noticed in the past that Video appears as a blue icon although it would be nice to be able to customise different file types to appear different colours...were you talking about VDJ or Swift when you said about already having colours??

I like your idea about removing tracks from DB as I'll still be able to search in that folder...may give that a try once I get my backup drive and have some more time...my main GIG PC just died so I don't want to interfear with anything just now until I can scrape about £1500 to build a new one!

Ross.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 10:24 am
that's not a bad idea BPM PRO has it does VDJ need it? i think a load botton will be cool to and more info of our mp3 files.where can i check out Tricerasoft Swift Ultralite ? web add

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 5:01 pm
Ross,
I know.
There are peeves about every program out there.
What I don't like about Elite is it's method of importing files to the program.
This may have changed since I used it, but it used to be a pain.
Create a folder in the program, browse and assign the system folder to the program folder and so on.

The other thing is the search is in a seperate window, which is a pain.
I got over it when they upgraded to the paneled interface.
This is the last way I had the interface set up, which worked pretty well.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pf9f649ae41406608a48906dbb2c5bfd1/f5f20c61.jpg

The other thing is if you are running multi programs the search window is set "always on top" so alt tabbing between programs is a problem.

Phil,
www.tricerasoft.com

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 8:54 pm
thanks

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 9:41 pm
Rick,

I totally understand where you were coming from on the import media point of view, I found Elite hard to use all the way through there beta versions and up to the final release, even with the huge discount offered on it, it didn't work for me. That's what it really comes down to is how it works for the individual user...I have my struggles with VDJ too but for me it's the best option available!

Like I said I can't afford to mess about with my system setup too much just now but will try your idea on the folders...although I have heard other people having problems with things like this causing it to crash if you chop and change too quickly between folders, not that you would really do that with karaoke...I suppose thats the real reason I'd like to improve colour identifiers...While I don't publically offer video shows yet I would like them to come up in the same results as my music so that if I search something and have the video it's highlighted...If I'm not displaying video what is the point in rendering it, all the same if I am I want to make sure it stands out so I play the video. When I get to that stage.

I have lot's of wants...but I hate sounding like a nag. Do you think I am.

There is one thing I hate since going fully digital, although the benefits out weigh the disadvantages.

Ross.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 4:54 am
You will see improvement on this, there are alot of s&d users here.
Lots of other priorities also.

On the identification thing, drag the path header into view from the right, you will see karaoke in the text. That is another way of id'ing the k tracks.
I ususally just show enough of the title and artist, bpm, track time and path.
I also drag the bpm header into view in the waitlist area, so it shows title/artist/bpm.

Don't worry, development watches posts very closely.

Best

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 11:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)