Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: BPM/Analyze improvement...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My guess is that the bpm analyze engine uses different BPM ranges to define between the two modes, (House/Techno and any music)
But maybe i'm wrong...

If -THIS- is the case, i have an advice:

Let the user to create its own bpm ranges/presets, and these to show up at the same analyze menu (along with the "factory" ones). This way a range about 60-80 bpm can be used for Slow songs and ballads for example.
A commercial R&b song can't be more than 110-120bpm, (now many R&B songs are wrong calculated at 140+ even with "any music") a range about 90-115 will be more accurate..
And so on...`It's up to the dj then, and if music is already organized in folders by genre, it will be easy the select multiple files and correct them...
I think it's a good idea to really improve the bpm engine, without changing it...

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 4:13 pm
Good point. Do you have it classified by genres? I do! I am curious to see how do you classify them! I will post my list on my blog. A good source for genres standardizations ;) is Ishkur's guide to electronic music genres

check it our at http://www.ishkur.com/music/#

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 12:13 pm
YEAH the bpm anlyzer in VDJ need improvement very bad,hope they take some time of with this video thing and do more work on sound and bpm analyzer,

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 4:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)