Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: please help me frustrated

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased my Hercules console a week ago and have had nothing but problems. I installed the drivers as per the instructions then continued to install the manual and finally the Virtual DJ Console Edition software V 1.09 . I plug in my speakers (5.1) and only get sound as though I have a 4 channel system. I checked the settings via the little alien head thing, then tried the Dj setting and when I try to crossover to either deck I still hear the other deck playing through the speakers as if the headphone monitor was playing through the speakers instead of the headphones. I have checked the settings in Windows to make sure that the DJ console was the selected sound card and that my speaker set up was correct ( they are ). I then proceeded to go to the Hercules website to locate updated drivers,
I downloaded and installed the latest drivers and frameware as per the instructions. I had full sound through all speakers but I still had the crossover problem ( hearing the opposite deck playing while the crossover was pushed to the other side). With a little fine tuning of the volume controls I was able to deal with it. I went to try the whole set up today but when I loaded it up I got a Direct X problem and now the unit doesn't work at all! I just want the darn thing to work, I'm not a professional DJ, I don't want to be a pro DJ, I just want to play my music properly. I've spent what I consider to be a lot of money and time on a unit that simply refuses to work properly. I'm extremely discouraged and frustrated with this whole situation, I'm not a computer wizard and the " Plug and Play " feature really appealed to me, however this is turning out to be everything BUT "Plug and Play". Before you tell me that the software bundle is a "special edition " and it has "limitations" I will tell you that I was aware of that before I purchased it but I never in a million years would have expected this many issues.

I desperately want to get this piece of equipment up and running. I can't express to you how disappointed I am, but at this point it will cost me more to send it back to my supplier than it would to keep it as a doorstop.

Please help me get this thing working as the box promised.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 5:25 am
Try running it without any Hercules drivers at all. They are not required for the Hercules to work with Virtual DJ. VDJ has builtin support for Hercules DJ Console that doesn't require seperate drivers. Let me know if this works for you.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 5:57 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is that so anewsome ?
I didn't know that.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 6:01 am
I responded in your other post. It's normal, because VDJ's output from hercules is only stereo. So in your case you hear the main output in front speakers and the unwanted "headphones" in the rear speakers.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 12:26 pm
Yes djjb, I have a HDJC too. I just don't have an icon for it but I've tried this and it works fine.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 4:34 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
but don't you get tired of those pop-ups that says there is hardware found on the pc?

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 6:45 pm
Really, you don't need to install the drivers for the hercules? is that just the console version or the full version? How do you switch it to 'DJ' mode then ?
I'm gonna try it tonight, as have just got a new laptop.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 5:41 pm
In response to the original question, surely its just a case of switching the output in the VDJ config to 5.1. (and selecting the appropriate picture I think of two outputs from said soundcard That way only the main mix goes to the stereo channel and the headphones to just the headphone output!

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 5:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
In case need help with switching windows audio device to 5.1 check my blog. I have info on how select this option...

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 12:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)