Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Task Manager

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone have or knows where you can get a list of processes that should be running when using VDJ? I looked in the forum and I could not find one. I'm Running 41 on my latop and I believe is to much. I read that some are running as low as 16. I want to make sure which processes to end that are not important and necessary.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 10:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can terminate any proccess that's under your "USER NAME", with the exception of 'explorer" (windows), this is mostly those programs that automatically launch as windows starts-up, they are not needed.., they are things like small apps, and shedules for apps.., network services can also be terminated if you aren't useing a LAN or internet connection.

Also, if your gigging, and NOT connected to the internet, after virus and spyware scans, you can close these programs all together.

At the moment I can reduce my proccesses down to 24, which is really quite reasonable if you have enough RAM.

If you want to get more advanced, you can terminate windows proccesses that you don't need, so you can get down to figures as low as 15/16, but with this you need to be careful.., because the names of the proccesses aren't so self explainatory.

DJ Coco wrote more on services here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1180/Software_Technical_Support/_Skipping_____Possible_causes_and_solutions___WIN_XP.html?page=1

But remember, it's not so important as to how many proccesses are running at one time, it's more important how your computer can run those proccesses, and more importantely how VDJ will run with those proccesses.

If it works don't fix it!.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 11:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To answer your question more directly, their is no correct figure, 16, 20 or 40, it is preferable to have less proccesses, but if VDJ runs fine for you with this number, then it's not important for you to alter this.., because other factors like RAM & CPU have to enter the equation too.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 11:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)