Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Save current settings to database - on demand

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would be nice to have the option of saving all current information to the database without having to shut VDJ down.

For example:
You have analyzed a bunch of new or previously untouched songs, changed skins, customized some of your settings, tuned some of your effects, etc.
... and then you do something that causes VDJ to crash (ie try out a new feature that isn't quite mature yet) and now when you start VDJ again, all of those settings, song info, etc. are gone!

I agree that it is wise not to save settings every time one of them changes... that protects you from getting stuck with a setting that causes a crash; but I would like to be able to save all of my current info and not have to worry about losing it, especially when I know all of my current settings are 'safe.'
Currently, I shutdown VDJ and start it again to save settings, but I can't do this during a show. I think it should be easy enough to be able to just put a button in one of the setup screens that will dump all database info to a file just as happens when you shutdown.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 4:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It is already possible with keyboard shortcuts / skin buttons (ask in the skin forum if any)
There are 2 actions: "savedatabase" and "saveregistryconfig" they do just what their names indicate.
I use the control+shift+enter key combination for both (as a batch)

I love how customizable virtual dj is...

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 4:49 pm
On that note...I remember this being mentioned before...did we ever work out if there was a way to save the settings of an effect for example the values in Backspin??

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)