Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: MORE MP3 INFO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have been asking for more mp3 info long time,it will be nice if we can have all this on the montor to get more mp3 info we have to right clik,can you all add /album/genre/year/ in the next update ? i got so many songs over 50,000 this will make it much easer to find songs by album genre or year,some may say use comment after you rip to go back and do more typeing is not easy where as all the cd rippers out there has ddb button and give you all info,or make vdj read genre or year and put it in the comment.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 6:26 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phil,

I stopped using ID3 tags (only because it wasn't available in VDJ at the time) and can tell you how I am able to sort through my even larger collection effectively.
When I rip an album, I have audiograbber create a subdirectory for that album, which I am guessing you already do also, as you seem to be very organized. This subdirectory is placed under a directory for the genre and another for the year (if applicable.)
What some don't seem to realize is that VDJ searches the entire filename including the path (directories leading to the file) so now if you search on the album name, it will show all the songs in the directory named for that album. Likewise for year, genre, or any other directory name under which you file your collection.

For example, when I want to see all videos that I have that are from 1985, I could search using one of the following strings:
\video\*1985
1985*vob

Of course, this would also show any other videos with the term 1985 in the name or directory, like "Bowling For Soup - 1985" but that is easy to ignore or I could sort the results by Path by clicking the 'Path' heading to be sure that such extraneous results are pushed to the bottom of the list. On the other hand, if I am looking for songs from 1985, this might be a good choice to transition from the era to a more modern set, so it could be seen as a 'partially relevent suggestion' ;)

Hope this helps you.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 4:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I agree with Phil,

I feel very limitated by a simple Autor, Title, Comments search. It would be better if I can search with filters in that search. Like, "Search all song btw 1985 and 1987 and in btw 120 and 137 bpms". Or "Search for electronic music btw 2000 and 2002 and with a duration of less than a 6 min".

The better will be "list all songs btw 117 and 124 bpms", and we can only have this display it.

All these data is in our songs (or must be) I want to use it.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 6:21 pm
you said it just right acw dj,i don't know if you ever see bpm pro how it diplay file info,every info is diplayed it will be nice if we can this in the next up date 3.2.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 8:16 pm
I concurr.

lol
Ross.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)