Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using Vdj with two Pioneer Pro CDJ800 turntables

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

r12503PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Everyone.... can anyone tell me how i can connect two pioneer pro CDJ800 turntables with a mixer to Virtual DJ ? i know im gonna need a maya 44 USB card for the inputs but what kind of mixer can i connect to a laptop that will be compatible with VDJ and allow me to switch decks and function just like the Hercules DJ console..... the problem is the Hercules DJ console is too small and we are trying to use two turntables and a mixer with the software. Please help.

Thanks a lot

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 9:06 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here you go for the time code hook up. As far as mixers go, any standard mixer will work. I'm not familiar with Hercules but I believe you can control functions of VDJ with it. You can't with an external mixer. So you will listening to the sound "after" it goes from mixer to amp. When you move the crossfader on the mixer it doesn't move the crossfader on VDJ. All the other functions of VDJ will be handle via the computer (shortcuts/mouse). The start stop functions will now be controlled by your TCCD or TCV. Good luck.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 9:13 pm
r12503PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok so i will not be able to use the crossfader on the mixer. What about the turntables..... how do i connect them to the PC/VDJ ?

thanks a lot for your help.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 9:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You can use the crossfader of the mixer as allways do. You may use the maya 44 and connect it to your mixer. You could use TCVs or TCCDs with the same configuration, just plug in the maya 44 the Turntables or the CD-Players.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 10:06 pm

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 7:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)