Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: scratching with virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ecnalHome userMember since 2004
not like this is gonna get answered but i am gonna try.....

i was reading on the hercules website it says u cant scratch with the jog wheel when usin the console with virtual dj says u have to use the mini mouse .... any users of the console is this fuh real ?

or is there a way to set it up to scratch

ALSO THIS QUESTION IS FOR TIGERMOFF
IF Yo fader goes bad is it replaceable ?
or do i have send the entire console back ?

Posted Tue 09 Mar 04 @ 8:24 am
The jogwheel is not used for scratching but for pitch bending.
The sitck in the center can be used for scratch but I disrecommend that. There have been reports that the sensitivity of the jogwheel can be altered in such a way you could "scratch" by making it very sensitive. For an alternative solution you could set the pitch to +34 which increases the time played by a rotation. This is ok for baby scratches in pause mode , but for others the console is not usefull ATM.

If you play dance/house music there is not much need for scratching. The controller (and VDJ) are aimed for that group.
If you play hiphop/rap etc I don't recommend the hercules console, get the XP10 !

Posted Tue 09 Mar 04 @ 10:24 am
I think that you would have to send back the console for replacement of the crossfader so thay can change it. I have noticed that if they think it needs replacing due to ware and tear then you will need to pay for it yourself. I would phone them to ask first.

Posted Tue 09 Mar 04 @ 11:05 am
anyone can give the home add. of xp10 just curious about this machine...
thanx
Jam-c

Posted Sat 13 Mar 04 @ 11:41 am
XP10 is on the VDJ site ...section hardware

Posted Thu 18 Mar 04 @ 1:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)