Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I, shouldn't I

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi...

i am contemplating buying the hercules console but from what i've read in all the topics, the units seem to be giving a lot of problems... i live in India so its not easy for me to ship them back and forth everytime there is problem... infact even once would probably cuse me to go broke... so should i or should i not buy the unit.. or is some other unit better and more compatible...

please advise..

ananda

Posted Fri 20 Feb 04 @ 7:43 pm
obe1Home userMember since 2004
Ananda-I'm in the same boat there and from the sound of your situation, I'd wait till they iron out the present problems as it's still a new unit and a work in progress. It's the only one of it's kind so there seems to be no real alternatives but again, I'm sure this year will see development on this front. All the controls are in VDJ - You just have to deal with mouse-n it for now...

Posted Sat 21 Feb 04 @ 5:03 am
thanx...

i hope they iron out the issues too..

but wat about dm and xp things... are they a better and more viable option

Posted Sat 21 Feb 04 @ 6:45 am
7-bitHome userMember since 2004
hello my friends.

I bought the Hercules console.

I have tried to install it on a cpu Athlon 900 mhz 512mb ram.
Very unstable.

I then installed it my music(studio) computer P4-2,0Ghz 1GBram. It works perfectly, no problems at all.

Go with a minimum of the req. recom.. Never use it with Antivirus turned on. Erase old Directx installed latest.

You can wait, but when a new version comes out, some other company will be in the making og an even better and so on...

Good luck.
Vince(7-bit)

Posted Sat 21 Feb 04 @ 12:10 pm
henroooHome userMember since 2004
If I were you I'd be prepared for the worst if I was to buy this product. Had to return my console after 2 days of using it.

Nevertheless, after 3-4 weeks I've now received it back with no problems. However, if I'd did a little bit more research into the console (like read this forum) I'm pretty sure i wouldn't have bought it. Too many bugs.

It seems like a good number of people were experiencing the same problems with their consoles.

All I can say is "Buyer, Be Aware".

bye

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 7:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)