Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 1st gig with VDJ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
After several months of testing Virtual DJ, I finally worked up the nerve to use it live for the first time ever. Since you never know what to think of a software till you use it live for the first time. The gig went well, with the exception of a few minor glitches 2 software and one hardware.

I'm was using fruits skin (cdj700s) and I noticed that the music would pause when I moved the Eq on the bass slider happed the same on both decks. Stange huh.

The second wasn't really a glitch its more in how the software is setup. Playlist's should have their own window! With a playlist browser on the left and the playlists on the right. I found it a pain to bounce between playlists all night.

The hardware glitch was my firewire connector on my computer is loose and the cable falls out all the time is there anyway to repair this?

All in all I'm very happy with virtual dj. I believe its close to perfect :) I'll have some pic's (they didn't turn out great) on here later on tonight...cheers...

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 1:15 am
About the pause when adjusting the bass, i use the Mix station v4 custom skin, and i run into the same problem. I also curious as to why vdj does this, not sure if i should place the problem with the skin or the the software.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 1:23 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No the problem isn't the skin.

I have the issue too, but after you push the slider once, it doesn't appear anymore. Small issue but... issue.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 6:01 pm
Cyderhouse,
Maybe I have a solution for your playlist problem. Playlist could be browsed like a folder from version 1.08. I will try to explain how I use this:

I created a "root folder" linking to the root of my external harddrive. On this harddrive I created a folder named "Playlists" all my different playlist are copied to this folder. If I open this playlist folder in the directory browser, my playlists appear (looking like textfiles). Then I click on the playlist I would like to open and the content of this playlist is opened where normally your files are displayed.

So you could use your playlist like they are folders. You even could set your playlist folder as a "root folder" in VDJ. After this implementation I never used the playlist window anymore.

Hope this helps
Ewout

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 7:13 pm
Wow! I can't wait to try that out. What happens after the song is played does it subtract from the list or mark it? Thanks for that gem of a suggestion.

My next question is for fruit (RE) can you make a little change to the cdj700 skin? Or at least tell me how to make the change. I found the teal fonts a bit heavy on the eyes after awhile. Could we change them to white?

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 8:10 pm
Superstorm's explaination of how to use the Playlist browser is correct and no, playing a track from the playlist thankfully does not remove the track from the list. However, you should watch out for the order in which the tracks are listed in the playlist becoming scrambled. This appears to be a bug and you have to click the upper left corner of the window to get them back to the original sort order. (I wish this would get fixed !)

The glitch you describe sounds like you are short on RAM. I experienced this before I had at least 512M of RAM. If you already have that amount, you may need to make sure as much of it as possible is available to vDJ.

Welcome to the live vDJ club !!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 10:10 pm
Teal? I don't understand the term but that may be possible. Explain please. I can even do a special version for you.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 11:06 pm
The skip could be indeed related to ram I do have 512 with all of viper's tweeks done. I'll look into upgrading that.

Fruit,

The color of the recordcase its an aqua now it would be great to change it to white. I found the aqua a bit hard on the eyes after awhile.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 04 @ 4:02 pm
Ok Cyderhouse I understoud

I will email you the skin soon.

FRUiT94

Posted Tue 17 Feb 04 @ 5:06 pm
Thanks Fruit :) If its not anymore trouble could you make the player fonts white too?

Posted Tue 17 Feb 04 @ 8:21 pm
@Cyderhouse
All those tweaks you want in the skin are available to you in the associated .XML file.... Font size / color / type etc.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 5:07 am
I've looked in the xml file I can't find where to change it in the skin

Posted Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 3:13 pm
Don't worry I will do it that's no problem.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 7:14 pm
Thanks again fruit

Posted Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 8:40 pm
I emailed the skin to you, Cyderhouse, and I submitted it on this site. Please give me your comments.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 01 Mar 04 @ 11:47 am
Fruit,

I got the skin thank you :) It looks great. I do have one suggestion could you make the fonts bold or tell me how to change it up it would be perfect after that :)

Posted Wed 03 Mar 04 @ 12:29 am
@house

All skins come packaged in the named .ZIP file. If you open the .ZIP file with any unZipper like pkZIP, you will see the associated .XML file it contains. The .XML file has all the settings you ask about. Extract the .XML, edit it to suit your taste with something like Notepad, then ZIP it back up and use it.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 8:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)